473,397 Members | 2,099 Online
Bytes | Software Development & Data Engineering Community
Post Job

Home Posts Topics Members FAQ

Join Bytes to post your question to a community of 473,397 software developers and data experts.

- missing checkboxes?? - rtf file -

jayme
im using ms access 2000...
i have a form in my db that gets filled out and then it has a control to email that form to certain email addresses.
there are several checkboxes on this form - when it gets emailed it is attached as an rtf file-then it opens in word. all that is fine-but when it opens none of the checkboxes show up. the label(words) are there but you can't tell which ones are checked off since the boxes arent there.
is there a way to get the checkboxes to show up??
Apr 12 '07 #1
9 2486
NeoPa
32,556 Expert Mod 16PB
Ah, Now I understand the problem better.
I think you'll find (Better check as I'm not 100% on this) that this is a limitation of the RTF format itself. It is designed to give a Richer Text Format and isn't as fully featured as say a Word document.
Apr 12 '07 #2
jayme
Ah, Now I understand the problem better.
I think you'll find (Better check as I'm not 100% on this) that this is a limitation of the RTF format itself. It is designed to give a Richer Text Format and isn't as fully featured as say a Word document.
oh-ok..well if that is true-do you know of a way to be able to display the checkboxes? as far as another format or another route or whatever...becuase there a few checkboxes on there that are pretty important to show the checks.
Apr 12 '07 #3
NeoPa
32,556 Expert Mod 16PB
Is it simply for display, or does it need to be interactive in some way?
Apr 12 '07 #4
jayme
Is it simply for display, or does it need to be interactive in some way?
just to display
Apr 12 '07 #5
NeoPa
32,556 Expert Mod 16PB
I don't really know how to automate it, but using PDF files may work. They should certainly contain the whole form as if printed. I believe automating that may be tricky but, as I say, I can't help you there as I don't know how.
There may be other possible formats. Maybe someone can think of something more helpful.
Apr 13 '07 #6
jayme
yeah-i think pdf might be my best bet too! ill look into that today...if anyone has an easy way of doing that let me know!!
thanks for your help!
Apr 13 '07 #7
jayme
well i think i might have it. i tried just changed the RTF format in the code to PDF then it came up with a message box asking which format i wanted to use and it gave me a few options. so i chose snapshot just to see what that would do-and it looks like this is going to work. so i went back and changed the PDF to SNP and it attaches a snp file in the email and opens up in a snapshot viewer-which looks basically like a pdf - so i think this will work! thanks.
Apr 13 '07 #8
NeoPa
32,556 Expert Mod 16PB
Snapshot IS basically like a PDF in that it shows exactly as it would be printed (On a colour printer). The drawback with SNP files is that the recipient needs the software installed to view them. If you don't have any problems in that area then you should be good. I found (With some older OSs - Win 98 etc) that there could be problems running the snapshot Viewer software even if it were installed.
Glad you got a workable solution anyway :)
Apr 13 '07 #9
jayme
ok-thanks. i will check to make sure everyone involved with this has the snapshot viewer on their computer. i appreciate it. thanks again for your input!
Apr 13 '07 #10

Sign in to post your reply or Sign up for a free account.

Similar topics

by: Pete | last post by:
Okay, I'm still stuck with this problem. Here's a quick recap/summary :- 1. Page 1:User checks 3 out of 10 checkboxes and submits form to page 2 2. Page 2:Item count shows 3 items. User checks...
by: Ralph Freshour | last post by:
I have multiple checkbox's created with an array name because I have many on the same web page - their names are like: frm_chk_delete frm_chk_delete frm_chk_delete frm_chk_delete etc. Here...
by: SC G | last post by:
Hi, I use a web application that has 120 checkboxes on it for me to select from before I submit a form. I have to select boxes in groups of 40 (1-40,41-80,81-120). Each submission generates a...
by: Paul Morrison | last post by:
Hi, I have a set of 4 checkboxes and I want to have a button that will check all the boxes. I have looked on Google but can only find examples of it being in Javascript. Is there any way of...
by: cvijaykrishna | last post by:
hi, i am having an apllication which has a multiview if i check one checkbox in a view other checkboxin another view should get checked . i am using server side script and getting it but for...
by: GISmatters | last post by:
I have unbound checkboxes in a nested gridview to allow multi-selection of "child" rows. For context, the parent gridview rows are for large "reports", the child rows are for various specific files...
by: AGP | last post by:
VB.NET 2005 i was reading some of the documentation on saving settings and i think i have a good grasp on things with the My.Settings classes. I understand how to bind a control to a setting and...
by: Airtech | last post by:
I have a routine that searches a directory structure for files. Right now the file pattern is simply *.* and when it is finished, I have a cleanup routine that strips out the file extensions that I...
by: Charles Arthur | last post by:
How do i turn on java script on a villaon, callus and itel keypad mobile phone
BarryA
by: BarryA | last post by:
What are the essential steps and strategies outlined in the Data Structures and Algorithms (DSA) roadmap for aspiring data scientists? How can individuals effectively utilize this roadmap to progress...
by: nemocccc | last post by:
hello, everyone, I want to develop a software for my android phone for daily needs, any suggestions?
by: Sonnysonu | last post by:
This is the data of csv file 1 2 3 1 2 3 1 2 3 1 2 3 2 3 2 3 3 the lengths should be different i have to store the data by column-wise with in the specific length. suppose the i have to...
by: Hystou | last post by:
There are some requirements for setting up RAID: 1. The motherboard and BIOS support RAID configuration. 2. The motherboard has 2 or more available SATA protocol SSD/HDD slots (including MSATA, M.2...
jinu1996
by: jinu1996 | last post by:
In today's digital age, having a compelling online presence is paramount for businesses aiming to thrive in a competitive landscape. At the heart of this digital strategy lies an intricately woven...
by: Hystou | last post by:
Overview: Windows 11 and 10 have less user interface control over operating system update behaviour than previous versions of Windows. In Windows 11 and 10, there is no way to turn off the Windows...
tracyyun
by: tracyyun | last post by:
Dear forum friends, With the development of smart home technology, a variety of wireless communication protocols have appeared on the market, such as Zigbee, Z-Wave, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, etc. Each...
isladogs
by: isladogs | last post by:
The next Access Europe User Group meeting will be on Wednesday 1 May 2024 starting at 18:00 UK time (6PM UTC+1) and finishing by 19:30 (7.30PM). In this session, we are pleased to welcome a new...

By using Bytes.com and it's services, you agree to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

To disable or enable advertisements and analytics tracking please visit the manage ads & tracking page.