473,549 Members | 3,127 Online
Bytes | Software Development & Data Engineering Community
+ Post

Home Posts Topics Members FAQ

IE onClick

Greetings!
I am writing a web form and need some javascript in it.
Here's the relevant bit:

<select name="start">
<option value="11675700 00" onClick="alert( 'blah');" selected>2007-01
<option value="11702484 00" onClick="alert( 'blah');" >2007-02
<option value="11726676 00" onClick="alert( 'blah');" >2007-03
<option value="11753496 00" onClick="alert( 'blah');" >2007-04
</select>

I expect a pop-up saying "blah" to appear when I change the select
options. Firefox fulfills my expectations. IE6 doesn't. Javascript is
enabled in my IE, that is:
<script>alert(' blah');</script>
produces the pop-up.
What am I missing?
Thanks in advance.

Apr 16 '07 #1
2 4014
no*****@my-deja.com said the following on 4/15/2007 8:19 PM:
Greetings!
I am writing a web form and need some javascript in it.
Here's the relevant bit:

<select name="start">
<option value="11675700 00" onClick="alert( 'blah');" selected>2007-01
<option value="11702484 00" onClick="alert( 'blah');" >2007-02
<option value="11726676 00" onClick="alert( 'blah');" >2007-03
<option value="11753496 00" onClick="alert( 'blah');" >2007-04
</select>

I expect a pop-up saying "blah" to appear when I change the select
options. Firefox fulfills my expectations. IE6 doesn't. Javascript is
enabled in my IE, that is:
<script>alert(' blah');</script>
produces the pop-up.
What am I missing?
The fact that IE does not implement an on<anythingfor option elements
in a select list.

--
Randy
Chance Favors The Prepared Mind
comp.lang.javas cript FAQ - http://jibbering.com/faq/index.html
Javascript Best Practices - http://www.JavascriptToolbox.com/bestpractices/
Apr 16 '07 #2
Randy Webb wrote:
>
The fact that IE does not implement an on<anythingfor option elements
in a select list.
That explains it. Thanks Randy.

Apr 16 '07 #3

This thread has been closed and replies have been disabled. Please start a new discussion.

Similar topics

by: Shock | last post by:
Hello everyone, I am having a problem with the program below. I have isolated the problem to the onclick event that is located throughout arrQuestions. The onclick event refers to a function and passes it two parameters. For the life of me I cannot figure out what the error is, but one occurs everytime I click a &%*$&# radio button. ...
by: Mike Gratee | last post by:
Is it possible to use JavaScript to cause the browser to click a link on a page and have the browser act exactly like the user had clicked on the link directly? In other words, I need to programmatically issue a JavaScript statement which causes the browser to act just like the user clicked on a link in my page. And if that link has an...
by: Kevin Lyons | last post by:
Hello, Can anyone assist me with what I am trying to do with the following code (six different scenarios to try to make the functionality work correctly)? I want to always (and ONLY) display in the status bar 'Symantec Corporation' whenever anyone mouses over (onMouseOver) my image or link OR when one clicks while holding the left mouse...
by: Jamie Jackson | last post by:
I'm rewriting all links' onclick events, but I'm having a problem. The onclick event that I'm inserting works correctly in Opera, but not in FF or IE. I'm retroactively adding the statement "return promptBeforeOpening();" FF and IE rewrite it as I would expect them to, but it turns out that that doesn't work (no disclaimer pops up, and...
by: RobG | last post by:
I am trying to dynamically add an onclick to an element, however I just can't get the syntax right. consider the following function: function doClick (evt,x) { // do things with evt and x } Which is called statically by: <button onclick="doClick(event,this);">Click me</button>
by: Sedef | last post by:
Hi, i'm trying to create a custom Button user control which will be derived from System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button. the normal server side Button class creates some client side javascript code for its onclick event. it's something like: <input type="submit" name="Button1" value="Button" onclick="if (typeof(Page_ClientValidate) == 'function')...
by: Mark Rae | last post by:
Hi, VS.NET 2003 on WinXPPro, both with all the latest patches and updates, etc... I've got a very simple WebForm which is used either to add a new record to a SQL Server database or edit a record. Depending on whether I'm adding or editing, I need to do slightly different validation, so I'm trying to set the form's Save button's onclick...
by: Nx | last post by:
i've got it all working nicely in firefox, but whenever i test it in IE none of the onclick events are triggered. i'm using an xsl to transform an rss feed into a photogallery. when i try to use setAttribute FF and safari work, but IE stops working when i used addEventListener and attachEvent safari stops working and when i tried...
by: extremerep | last post by:
My task is to change the value of a button and then make it functional with the onClick handler. Changing the value to "Play Again" works, but making the onClick work accordingly does not. The following is a snippet of the script. What is keeping it from working? function displaycards1(){ document.form1.reveal1.value="Play Again";...
by: Hystou | last post by:
Most computers default to English, but sometimes we require a different language, especially when relocating. Forgot to request a specific language before your computer shipped? No problem! You can effortlessly switch the default language on Windows 10 without reinstalling. I'll walk you through it. First, let's disable language...
jinu1996
by: jinu1996 | last post by:
In today's digital age, having a compelling online presence is paramount for businesses aiming to thrive in a competitive landscape. At the heart of this digital strategy lies an intricately woven tapestry of website design and digital marketing. It's not merely about having a website; it's about crafting an immersive digital experience that...
by: Hystou | last post by:
Overview: Windows 11 and 10 have less user interface control over operating system update behaviour than previous versions of Windows. In Windows 11 and 10, there is no way to turn off the Windows Update option using the Control Panel or Settings app; it automatically checks for updates and installs any it finds, whether you like it or not. For...
agi2029
by: agi2029 | last post by:
Let's talk about the concept of autonomous AI software engineers and no-code agents. These AIs are designed to manage the entire lifecycle of a software development project—planning, coding, testing, and deployment—without human intervention. Imagine an AI that can take a project description, break it down, write the code, debug it, and then...
isladogs
by: isladogs | last post by:
The next Access Europe User Group meeting will be on Wednesday 1 May 2024 starting at 18:00 UK time (6PM UTC+1) and finishing by 19:30 (7.30PM). In this session, we are pleased to welcome a new presenter, Adolph Dupré who will be discussing some powerful techniques for using class modules. He will explain when you may want to use classes...
by: conductexam | last post by:
I have .net C# application in which I am extracting data from word file and save it in database particularly. To store word all data as it is I am converting the whole word file firstly in HTML and then checking html paragraph one by one. At the time of converting from word file to html my equations which are in the word document file was convert...
by: adsilva | last post by:
A Windows Forms form does not have the event Unload, like VB6. What one acts like?
by: 6302768590 | last post by:
Hai team i want code for transfer the data from one system to another through IP address by using C# our system has to for every 5mins then we have to update the data what the data is updated we have to send another system
bsmnconsultancy
by: bsmnconsultancy | last post by:
In today's digital era, a well-designed website is crucial for businesses looking to succeed. Whether you're a small business owner or a large corporation in Toronto, having a strong online presence can significantly impact your brand's success. BSMN Consultancy, a leader in Website Development in Toronto offers valuable insights into creating...

By using Bytes.com and it's services, you agree to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

To disable or enable advertisements and analytics tracking please visit the manage ads & tracking page.