473,320 Members | 1,884 Online
Bytes | Software Development & Data Engineering Community
Post Job

Home Posts Topics Members FAQ

Join Bytes to post your question to a community of 473,320 software developers and data experts.

Need Help to solve runtime error '2147217904 (80040e10): Too few parameters'

Hello,

I need help to solve a runtime error that keeps reocurring every time I try to convert an Excel file into an Acess File. I have looked through many forums trying to find help, but I have almost no specific IT knowledge and so don't really speak the language. Apologies up-ront if I sound dumb.

I am working for a company that has a online clothing shop website. All new data of products is always entered into an Excel Spreadsheet and needs then to be converted into a .mdb file, which is then uploaded. The conversion used to work fine, but since my last amendments to the spreadsheet, the "prjDataConverter" keeps crashing with the below error message:

run-time error '2147217904 (80040e10): Too few parameters. Expected 2.'

At the Status line at the bottom of the software window it says: [nameofspreadsheet] getting max this is the moment the run-time error occurs.

I hope that is explained okay. I'd like to insert a picture of the error message, but don't know how.

If someone is able to help out nevertheless, this would be very much appreciated, as I will otherwise loose days of work :-(

Thanks up-front,
Kat
Apr 17 '07 #1
2 6625
sorry guys, just found the reason for the error! the column headings of the spreadsheets were incorrect. sorry if anyone wasted their time to read through the above post!

Kat
Apr 17 '07 #2
MMcCarthy
14,534 Expert Mod 8TB
sorry guys, just found the reason for the error! the column headings of the spreadsheets were incorrect. sorry if anyone wasted their time to read through the above post!

Kat
No problem Kat.

Glad you figured that out.
Apr 20 '07 #3

Sign in to post your reply or Sign up for a free account.

Similar topics

by: Steve | last post by:
i pulled an example off the web and modified it somewhat and whats killimg me is that sometimes it works and sometimes it doesnt. the following is the only line that allows this thing to work over...
by: jnhill | last post by:
I am running into this error code and it specifically says: "No value given for one or more required parameters. " ConStr is a valid connection, as I am able to get other data using it (not closing...
by: nkechifesie | last post by:
When I run this code to update my database Set AdVehDecp = New ADODB.Connection Set RsVehDecp = New ADODB.Recordset AdVehDecp.ConnectionString = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=...
by: pericpero | last post by:
Hi There seem to be a number of posts already with this error message but none of them have helped me ... I am trying to execute some dynamic SQL from an ASP form to update or delete from a...
by: Javad | last post by:
Hello I know that I should get the information of windows internet connections by using "rasapi32.dll" library, and I also have some sample codes, but I can't make them work. My exact need is to...
by: Dave | last post by:
I am getting the error above intermittantly with an ASP 3.0 page using an MS Access 2003 database. I have searched Google extensively and found the following possible causes for this error: A...
by: VaTravo | last post by:
I am using access database as my back-end and Visual basics 6.0 as my front-end.my application must generate dynamic reports and i have tried using the article by Farhana but the during execution...
by: =?Utf-8?B?TWljaGVsbGU=?= | last post by:
What is wrong with this code?!! I am getting a run-time error (-2147217904 80040e10) error "No value given for one or more required parameters. If I substitute the DeptID "5" in the query it works...
by: koager | last post by:
<% Set rsSystemSpecs = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset") rsSystemSpecs.ActiveConnection = MM_simplex_STRING rsSystemSpecs.Source = "SELECT TBLHELICOPTER.MANUFACTURER,...
by: DolphinDB | last post by:
The formulas of 101 quantitative trading alphas used by WorldQuant were presented in the paper 101 Formulaic Alphas. However, some formulas are complex, leading to challenges in calculation. Take...
isladogs
by: isladogs | last post by:
The next Access Europe meeting will be on Wednesday 6 Mar 2024 starting at 18:00 UK time (6PM UTC) and finishing at about 19:15 (7.15PM). In this month's session, we are pleased to welcome back...
by: Vimpel783 | last post by:
Hello! Guys, I found this code on the Internet, but I need to modify it a little. It works well, the problem is this: Data is sent from only one cell, in this case B5, but it is necessary that data...
by: jfyes | last post by:
As a hardware engineer, after seeing that CEIWEI recently released a new tool for Modbus RTU Over TCP/UDP filtering and monitoring, I actively went to its official website to take a look. It turned...
by: ArrayDB | last post by:
The error message I've encountered is; ERROR:root:Error generating model response: exception: access violation writing 0x0000000000005140, which seems to be indicative of an access violation...
by: PapaRatzi | last post by:
Hello, I am teaching myself MS Access forms design and Visual Basic. I've created a table to capture a list of Top 30 singles and forms to capture new entries. The final step is a form (unbound)...
by: CloudSolutions | last post by:
Introduction: For many beginners and individual users, requiring a credit card and email registration may pose a barrier when starting to use cloud servers. However, some cloud server providers now...
by: Shællîpôpï 09 | last post by:
If u are using a keypad phone, how do u turn on JavaScript, to access features like WhatsApp, Facebook, Instagram....
by: af34tf | last post by:
Hi Guys, I have a domain whose name is BytesLimited.com, and I want to sell it. Does anyone know about platforms that allow me to list my domain in auction for free. Thank you

By using Bytes.com and it's services, you agree to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

To disable or enable advertisements and analytics tracking please visit the manage ads & tracking page.