ANSI/ISO C++ Standard?
thanks in advance.

regards,
sev
Jul 19 '05 #1
18 4761

Hi Severin Ecker,

"Severin Ecker" <se****@gmx.a t> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:3f******** *************** @aconews.univie .ac.at...
can anyone please tell me where i can get a copy (book or online,...) of the ANSI/ISO C++ Standard?
thanks in advance.

Go to http://www.iso.org and search for "C++ programming language"
standards. Pick the newest one. :-)

Copies of standard documents might cost and arm and a leg, but they're huge
whoppers anyway. A purchase for life! ;-)

If you don't have that much money, you might get a partial copy (i.e.
without the first page ;-) ) from a university library. They usually have
those standards sitting around somewhere. And it's still legal to do that.
;-)

Other than that, you could make do with the latest Stroustrup books about
C++ as well. Usually "The C++ programming language" book contains the exact
syntax definition of C++ as well. :-)

I hope this helped.

Regards,
Ekkehard Morgenstern.
Jul 19 '05 #2
hi!
I hope this helped.

great help, thanks!!

regards,
sev
Jul 19 '05 #3

Hi Severin Ecker,

"Severin Ecker" <se****@gmx.a t> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:3f******** *************** @aconews.univie .ac.at...
great help, thanks!!

you're welcome! :-)

BTW, I just searched ISO myself and only the search term "programmin g
languages C++" yields the desired result.

The current ISO C++ standard from 2003 is "ISO/IEC 14882:2003" and costs CHF

I hope that helps.

Regards,
Ekkehard Morgenstern
Jul 19 '05 #4
> can anyone please tell me where i can get a copy (book or online,...)
of the
ANSI/ISO C++ Standard?

If you are willing to settle for a PDF file a cheap alternative for the
rather expensive ISO version can be found here: http://tinyurl.com/31yw

--
Peter van Merkerk
peter.van.merke rk(at)dse.nl
Jul 19 '05 #5
> can anyone please tell me where i can get a copy (book or online,...) of
the
ANSI/ISO C++ Standard?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/0470846747

It will be availabble in the USA before long also, I hope.
Jul 19 '05 #6
Hi Andrew Koenig,

"Andrew Koenig" <ar*@acm.org> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:Xy******** *************** @bgtnsc04-news.ops.worldn et.att.net...
http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/0470846747

Thanks!!! :-)

I've just seen that BSI also published the current C Standard (ISO
9899:1999). Great!! :-)

I hope these books will help that people will write more compilers for C and
C++, so we have more choices! :-)

And they're definitely more affordable than the ISO documents. :-)

Regards,
Ekkehard Morgenstern.
Jul 19 '05 #7
hi!
Thanks!!! :-) yeah, great tip!!
And they're definitely more affordable than the ISO documents. :-)

yes, they're MUCH cheaper,... though i don't really understand why,.. ;]

regards,
sev
Jul 19 '05 #8
"Ekkehard Morgenstern" <ek************ ******@onlineho me.de> wrote:

True. However, you can get that in book form from Wiley for about $60
and in pdf from ANSI from $18. See my C++ page for details.

- Bjarne Stroustrup; http://www.research/att.com/~bs
Jul 19 '05 #9

"Bjarne Stroustrup" <bs@research.at t.com> wrote in message news:18******** *************** ***@posting.goo gle.com...
"Ekkehard Morgenstern" <ek************ ******@onlineho me.de> wrote:

True. However, you can get that in book form from Wiley for about $60
and in pdf from ANSI from $18. See my C++ page for details.

Nope. The PDF one with TC1 applied (2003) is currently priced at $273 (US)
at ANSI. Only the orignal 1998 one is available at $18.
Jul 19 '05 #10

This thread has been closed and replies have been disabled. Please start a new discussion.

Similar topics

by: Magnus Lie Hetland | last post by:
Is there any interest in a (hypothetical) standard graph API (with 'graph' meaning a network, consisting of nodes and edges)? Yes, we have the standard ways of implementing graphs through (e.g.) dicts mapping nodes to neighbor-sets, but if one wants a graph that's implemented in some other way, this may not be the most convenient (or...
by: John Bentley | last post by:
John Bentley writes at this level: If we think about our savings accounts then division never comes in (as far as I can see). We deposit and withdraw exact amounts most of the time. Occasionaly we get an interest payment. Unless the bank is cruel to its developers the interest figure will be able to be exactly represented by a computer,...
by: David Eng | last post by:
In replying to P.J. Plauger ( http://groups.google.com/groups?dq=&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&threadm=1089204435.746211%40master.nyc.kbcfp.com&prev=/groups%3Fhl%3Den%26lr%3D%26ie%3DUTF-8%26group%3Dcomp.lang.c%252B%252B.moderated ) who responded my post in comp.long.c++ moderated neww group regarding "C++ standard and C++/CLI" topic, I worte the...
by: Steven T. Hatton | last post by:
Now that I have a better grasp of the scope and capabilities of the C++ Standard Library, I understand that products such as Qt actually provide much of the same functionality through their own libraries. I'm not sure if that's a good thing or not. AFAIK, most of Qt is compatable with the Standard Library. That is, QLT can interoperate with...
by: lovecreatesbeauty | last post by:
Why the C standard committee doesn't provide a standard implementation including the C compiler and library when the language standard document is published? C works on the abstract model of low level machine. C stands for portability and platform and machine independent. If the C compiler and C standard library are written in C itself, is...
by: noridotjabi | last post by:
Why isn't there a Graphical User Interface standard? Think about it for a second. You may say, well evey systems API for GUIs is differnt, but do take into acound: every operating system requires differnt compilations and often totally differnt compiler code. For instance gcc on windows in not the same code as gcc on linux/unix but it...
by: Frederick Gotham | last post by:
If we look at a programming language such as C++: When an updated Standard comes out, everyone adopts it and abandons the previous one. It seems though that things aren't so clear-cut in the C community. It would seem that C99 is the most up-to-date Standard, but far more people seem to be working off the C89 Standard. Could someone...
by: manish deshpande | last post by:
Hi, When i'm installing MySQL-server-standard-5.0.24a-0.rhel3.i386.rpm by the following command: rpm -i MySQL-server-standard-5.0.24a-0.rhel3.i386.rpm the following error is being shown: warning: MySQL-server-standard-5.0.24a-0.rhel3.i386.rpm: V3 DSA signature: NOKEY, key ID 5072e1f5 file /etc/my.cnf from install of...
by: Rick | last post by:
I'm told that "#pragma once" has made it into the ISO standard for either C or C++. I can't find any reference to that anywhere. If it's true, do any of you have a reference I can use? Thanks...
by: jacob navia | last post by:
In my "Happy Christmas" message, I proposed a function to read a file into a RAM buffer and return that buffer or NULL if the file doesn't exist or some other error is found. It is interesting to see that the answers to that message prove that programming exclusively in standard C is completely impossible even for a small and ridiculously...
by: Hystou | last post by:
Most computers default to English, but sometimes we require a different language, especially when relocating. Forgot to request a specific language before your computer shipped? No problem! You can effortlessly switch the default language on Windows 10 without reinstalling. I'll walk you through it. First, let's disable language...
Oralloy
by: Oralloy | last post by:
Hello folks, I am unable to find appropriate documentation on the type promotion of bit-fields when using the generalised comparison operator "<=>". The problem is that using the GNU compilers, it seems that the internal comparison operator "<=>" tries to promote arguments from unsigned to signed. This is as boiled down as I can make it. ...
by: Hystou | last post by:
Overview: Windows 11 and 10 have less user interface control over operating system update behaviour than previous versions of Windows. In Windows 11 and 10, there is no way to turn off the Windows Update option using the Control Panel or Settings app; it automatically checks for updates and installs any it finds, whether you like it or not. For...
isladogs
by: isladogs | last post by:
The next Access Europe User Group meeting will be on Wednesday 1 May 2024 starting at 18:00 UK time (6PM UTC+1) and finishing by 19:30 (7.30PM). In this session, we are pleased to welcome a new presenter, Adolph Dupré who will be discussing some powerful techniques for using class modules. He will explain when you may want to use classes...
by: conductexam | last post by:
I have .net C# application in which I am extracting data from word file and save it in database particularly. To store word all data as it is I am converting the whole word file firstly in HTML and then checking html paragraph one by one. At the time of converting from word file to html my equations which are in the word document file was convert...
by: TSSRALBI | last post by:
Hello I'm a network technician in training and I need your help. I am currently learning how to create and manage the different types of VPNs and I have a question about LAN-to-LAN VPNs. The last exercise I practiced was to create a LAN-to-LAN VPN between two Pfsense firewalls, by using IPSEC protocols. I succeeded, with both firewalls in...
by: adsilva | last post by:
A Windows Forms form does not have the event Unload, like VB6. What one acts like?
muto222
by: muto222 | last post by:
How can i add a mobile payment intergratation into php mysql website.
bsmnconsultancy
by: bsmnconsultancy | last post by:
In today's digital era, a well-designed website is crucial for businesses looking to succeed. Whether you're a small business owner or a large corporation in Toronto, having a strong online presence can significantly impact your brand's success. BSMN Consultancy, a leader in Website Development in Toronto offers valuable insights into creating...

By using Bytes.com and it's services, you agree to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

To disable or enable advertisements and analytics tracking please visit the manage ads & tracking page.