473,385 Members | 1,782 Online
Bytes | Software Development & Data Engineering Community
Post Job

Home Posts Topics Members FAQ

Join Bytes and contribute your articles to a community of 473,385 developers and data experts.

Execute VB code from a string

8,435 Expert 8TB
In VB5 or VB6, to execute VB code from a string (for example, a textbox) add the Microsoft Script Control under Project | Components.

Here is some sample code which shows one way to make use of it...
Expand|Select|Wrap|Line Numbers
  1. Private Sub Form_Load()
  2.   Text1.Text = "cmdText1.Visible = False"
  3.   Call ScriptControl1.AddObject(cmdText1.Name, cmdText1)
  4. End Sub
  6. Private Sub Command1_Click()
  7.   Call ScriptControl1.ExecuteStatement(Text1.Text)
  8. End Sub
Further information is available by searching TheScripts or the entire web for “microsoft script control”.

By Steve Gerrard (guest) in Community > Newsgroup Archive > comp.lang.* > Visual Basic > How do I Execute the content of a textbox

Brought to the group’s attention by Phaneendra Varma
Mar 26 '07 #1
0 15781

Sign in to post your reply or Sign up for a free account.

Similar topics

by: Eric Wood | last post by:
We have an application that is accessed using shared drives, client executes program from server. We have already coded the program to create and save the a bat file either locally on the users...
by: Kartik | last post by:
Hi, I have an ASP.NET application using VB.NET.I am sending a DOS command to a machine on the network to print a file. This is achieved using xp_cmdshell Dim str As String = "xp_cmdshell...
by: Doohan W. | last post by:
Hi, I'm now working with DB2, and I can't find out how to execute the contents of a string Statement, without using a Java/... procedure, only using SQL statements. I know that some SQBDs such...
by: Lyle Fairfield | last post by:
MS-SQL Server utilities Enterprise Manager and Query Analyzer will model almost any MS-SQL object as a simple script file with a default ".sql" extension. But how to "run these files? They are...
by: John Grandy | last post by:
Is there any way in C# to mimic the T-SQL EXEC() command (which runs a string as if it was in-line T-SQL code) ?
by: Chris | last post by:
I posted this in the C# language group, then thought it might be more appropriate in this group. I would not cross-post except I want the answer so badly. I built small C# Web and Web Service...
by: nick | last post by:
Hi, I wondering if it is possible in asp.net to somehow execute a string of code as if it were a page on the server. That is to say, if I executed the following code which resided in an aspx...
by: Dune | last post by:
I'm trying to execute an aspx page by calling Server.Execute. The aspx page I'm trying to execute is in a different web app from the aspx page containing the Server.Execute statement. A slightly...
by: Peter Afonin | last post by:
Hello, Our SQL server used to run under System account, and I had no problems executing DTS packages from the ASP.NET: Dim oPkg As DTS.Package oPkg = CreateObject("DTS.Package")...
by: Eric Wood | last post by:
We have an application that is accessed using shared drives, client executes program from server. We have already coded the program to create and save the a bat file either locally on the users...
by: Charles Arthur | last post by:
How do i turn on java script on a villaon, callus and itel keypad mobile phone
by: aa123db | last post by:
Variable and constants Use var or let for variables and const fror constants. Var foo ='bar'; Let foo ='bar';const baz ='bar'; Functions function $name$ ($parameters$) { } ...
by: ryjfgjl | last post by:
If we have dozens or hundreds of excel to import into the database, if we use the excel import function provided by database editors such as navicat, it will be extremely tedious and time-consuming...
by: emmanuelkatto | last post by:
Hi All, I am Emmanuel katto from Uganda. I want to ask what challenges you've faced while migrating a website to cloud. Please let me know. Thanks! Emmanuel
BarryA
by: BarryA | last post by:
What are the essential steps and strategies outlined in the Data Structures and Algorithms (DSA) roadmap for aspiring data scientists? How can individuals effectively utilize this roadmap to progress...
by: Sonnysonu | last post by:
This is the data of csv file 1 2 3 1 2 3 1 2 3 1 2 3 2 3 2 3 3 the lengths should be different i have to store the data by column-wise with in the specific length. suppose the i have to...
by: Hystou | last post by:
There are some requirements for setting up RAID: 1. The motherboard and BIOS support RAID configuration. 2. The motherboard has 2 or more available SATA protocol SSD/HDD slots (including MSATA, M.2...
marktang
by: marktang | last post by:
ONU (Optical Network Unit) is one of the key components for providing high-speed Internet services. Its primary function is to act as an endpoint device located at the user's premises. However,...
Oralloy
by: Oralloy | last post by:
Hello folks, I am unable to find appropriate documentation on the type promotion of bit-fields when using the generalised comparison operator "<=>". The problem is that using the GNU compilers,...

By using Bytes.com and it's services, you agree to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

To disable or enable advertisements and analytics tracking please visit the manage ads & tracking page.