473,385 Members | 1,449 Online
Bytes | Software Development & Data Engineering Community
Post Job

Home Posts Topics Members FAQ

Join Bytes to post your question to a community of 473,385 software developers and data experts.

Static Class in C++

Hi,
Is there any static class in C++.
May 16 '07 #1
3 24669
svlsr2000
181 Expert 100+
Class usually creates a new data type. Static specifies storage type. we can have static objects, and i feel there is no meaning of static class
May 16 '07 #2
JosAH
11,448 Expert 8TB
Class usually creates a new data type. Static specifies storage type. we can have static objects, and i feel there is no meaning of static class
In Java there is: a nested class can be static or not. Static classes only have
the scope of the outer class. Non-static classes belong to instantiations of
the outer class, i.e. no outer object, then no inner object of that non-static
class can be created.

kind regards,

Jos
May 16 '07 #3
Static Classes and Static Class Members (C#)

Static classes and class members are used to create data and functions that can be accessed without creating an instance of the class. Static class members can be used to separate data and behavior that is independent of any object identity: the data and functions do not change regardless of what happens to the object. Static classes can be used when there is no data or behavior in the class that depends on object identity.

Static Class

A class can be declared static, indicating that it contains only static members. It is not possible to create instances of a static class using the new keyword. Static classes are loaded automatically by the .NET Framework common language runtime (CLR) when the program or namespace containing the class is loaded.

Use a static class to contain methods that are not associated with a particular object. For example, it is a common requirement to create a set of methods that do not act on instance data and are not associated to a specific object in your code. You could use a static class to hold those methods.
Jun 1 '07 #4

Sign in to post your reply or Sign up for a free account.

Similar topics

by: newbiecpp | last post by:
Java can declare a static nested class. Does C++ have same thing like? class Outer { public: static class Inner { ... }; .... };
by: Samee Zahur | last post by:
Question: How do friend functions and static member functions differ in terms of functionality? I mean, neither necessarily needs an object of the class to be created before they are called and...
by: Mauzi | last post by:
hi, this may sound odd and noob like, but what is the 'big' difference between static and non-static funcitons ? is there any performace differnce? what is the best way to use them ? thnx ...
by: Kirk Marple | last post by:
Just want to see if this is 'by design' or a bug... I have a common List<T> defined in a base class, and the base class has a static property to expose this list. I wanted the derived class to...
by: Laban | last post by:
Hi, I find myself using static methods more than I probably should, so I am looking for some advice on a better approach. For example, I am writing an app that involves quite a bit of database...
by: Kevin Prichard | last post by:
Hi all, I've recently been following the object-oriented techiques discussed here and have been testing them for use in a web application. There is problem that I'd like to discuss with you...
by: Hemanth | last post by:
Hi, I have a base class with a static constructor and some abstract methods. Derived classes implement these methods. From articles on the web, it appears that there is no guarentee that this...
by: learning | last post by:
Hi I have a static class written by other team which encapsulates a database instance. but I need to extend it to incldue other things. I know that C# static class is sealed and can;t be inherited...
by: Jess | last post by:
Hello, I learned that there are five kinds of static objects, namely 1. global objects 2. object defined in namespace scope 3. object declared static instead classes 4. objects declared...
by: Andy B | last post by:
I have a class that I want to make static but it uses some objects that are instance objects. I keep getting a compiler error saying something about using instance objects in a static class or...
by: CloudSolutions | last post by:
Introduction: For many beginners and individual users, requiring a credit card and email registration may pose a barrier when starting to use cloud servers. However, some cloud server providers now...
by: Faith0G | last post by:
I am starting a new it consulting business and it's been a while since I setup a new website. Is wordpress still the best web based software for hosting a 5 page website? The webpages will be...
by: ryjfgjl | last post by:
In our work, we often need to import Excel data into databases (such as MySQL, SQL Server, Oracle) for data analysis and processing. Usually, we use database tools like Navicat or the Excel import...
by: taylorcarr | last post by:
A Canon printer is a smart device known for being advanced, efficient, and reliable. It is designed for home, office, and hybrid workspace use and can also be used for a variety of purposes. However,...
by: aa123db | last post by:
Variable and constants Use var or let for variables and const fror constants. Var foo ='bar'; Let foo ='bar';const baz ='bar'; Functions function $name$ ($parameters$) { } ...
by: ryjfgjl | last post by:
In our work, we often receive Excel tables with data in the same format. If we want to analyze these data, it can be difficult to analyze them because the data is spread across multiple Excel files...
by: emmanuelkatto | last post by:
Hi All, I am Emmanuel katto from Uganda. I want to ask what challenges you've faced while migrating a website to cloud. Please let me know. Thanks! Emmanuel
BarryA
by: BarryA | last post by:
What are the essential steps and strategies outlined in the Data Structures and Algorithms (DSA) roadmap for aspiring data scientists? How can individuals effectively utilize this roadmap to progress...
by: Sonnysonu | last post by:
This is the data of csv file 1 2 3 1 2 3 1 2 3 1 2 3 2 3 2 3 3 the lengths should be different i have to store the data by column-wise with in the specific length. suppose the i have to...

By using Bytes.com and it's services, you agree to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

To disable or enable advertisements and analytics tracking please visit the manage ads & tracking page.