473,544 Members | 1,786 Online
Bytes | Software Development & Data Engineering Community
+ Post

Home Posts Topics Members FAQ

Oracle and Windows Server 2003

Does the Oracle work with Windows Server 2003 and .NET? I am trying to run
an ASP.NET app and keep getting the error "System.DllNotF oundException:
Unable to load DLL (OraOps9.dll)". The dll in in the Oracle bin directory
and I have relaxed permissions for ASP.NET and IUSR_machinenam e.

This worked fine on Windows XP. I have downloaded all the latest patches
for the client. Am I trying to do the impossible? Do I have to revert to
XP?

TIA

David

Jul 19 '05 #1
4 12993
"David Rose" <dr*******@yaho o.com> wrote in message news:<bo******* ***@bob.news.rc n.net>...
Does the Oracle work with Windows Server 2003 and .NET? I am trying to run
an ASP.NET app and keep getting the error "System.DllNotF oundException:
Unable to load DLL (OraOps9.dll)". The dll in in the Oracle bin directory
and I have relaxed permissions for ASP.NET and IUSR_machinenam e.

This worked fine on Windows XP. I have downloaded all the latest patches
for the client. Am I trying to do the impossible? Do I have to revert to
XP?

TIA

David

There is a separate version of Oracle 9.2.0.1 for Winblows 2003.
Which necessarily means that all the other versions are not guaranteed
to work.
You could easily have looked this up in the download section of any
official Oracle site.

Sybrand Bakker
Senior Oracle DBA
Jul 19 '05 #2
Sybrand,

I got the client from:
Oracle Software Downloads -> Database -> Oracle9iDatabas e
Oracle9i Release 2 (9.2.0.1)
Oracle9i Database Release 2 Enterprise/Standard/Personal/Client Edition
for Windows Server 2003 (32-bit) New

However, I installed the NT/2000/XP version first (the DBA told me that I
could use the client I already downloaded for XP) and then uninstalled the
XP version and did a reinstall with the above when it did not work. I had a
suspicion that the reinstall went too fast, but I did not sit there watching
it. Could it be that he reinstall did not replace files?

I also have a dual boot system (XP is on the second partition - Oracle
works(ed) fine there). Could that have caused a problem? I did the
installs into two separate directories on a data drive, so there should not
be a conflict. They are independent of each other.

I am going to do an uninstall again, this time deleting the whole oracle
directory. Then I shall install Oracle on the C: (W2K3 drive) instead of on
the data drive (that drive is used by both operating systems). Do you have
any other things that I should look out for?

Thanks.

David
<sy******@yahoo .com> wrote in message
news:a1******** *************** ***@posting.goo gle.com...
"David Rose" <dr*******@yaho o.com> wrote in message

news:<bo******* ***@bob.news.rc n.net>...
Does the Oracle work with Windows Server 2003 and .NET? I am trying to run an ASP.NET app and keep getting the error "System.DllNotF oundException:
Unable to load DLL (OraOps9.dll)". The dll in in the Oracle bin directory and I have relaxed permissions for ASP.NET and IUSR_machinenam e.

This worked fine on Windows XP. I have downloaded all the latest patches for the client. Am I trying to do the impossible? Do I have to revert to XP?

TIA

David

to work.
official Oracle site.

Sybrand Bakker
Senior Oracle DBA

Jul 19 '05 #3
Sybrand,

To append to my other post...

It seems that the "Oracle9i Database Release 2
Enterprise/Standard/Personal/Client Edition for Windows Server 2003 (32-bit)
New" download is a patch, so I believe that I installed it correctly over
the 9.2.0.1 release. Is this true?

I used the 2.2 installer (at the present time I do not have access to
Metalink, but I can get access if necessary). Could that be the problem?

David

Does the Oracle work with Windows Server 2003 and .NET? I am trying to run an ASP.NET app and keep getting the error "System.DllNotF oundException:
Unable to load DLL (OraOps9.dll)". The dll in in the Oracle bin directory and I have relaxed permissions for ASP.NET and IUSR_machinenam e.

This worked fine on Windows XP. I have downloaded all the latest patches for the client. Am I trying to do the impossible? Do I have to revert to XP?

TIA

David

to work.
official Oracle site.

Sybrand Bakker
Senior Oracle DBA

Jul 19 '05 #4
"David Rose" <dr*******@yaho o.com> wrote in message news:<bo******* ***@bob.news.rc n.net>...
Sybrand,

To append to my other post...

It seems that the "Oracle9i Database Release 2
Enterprise/Standard/Personal/Client Edition for Windows Server 2003 (32-bit)
New" download is a patch, so I believe that I installed it correctly over
the 9.2.0.1 release. Is this true?

I used the 2.2 installer (at the present time I do not have access to
Metalink, but I can get access if necessary). Could that be the problem?

David

TIA

David

to work.
official Oracle site.

Sybrand Bakker
Senior Oracle DBA

David,

The correct installation procedure is described in
http://download-uk.oracle.com/docs/h...924_01/toc.htm
Obviously this version is a patch and you need to install it on top of
an existing Oracle installation, using a newer version of the
installer.
Usually the installation procedures are sound and should be followed
to the letter.

Regards
Sybrand Bakker
Senior Oracle DBA
Jul 19 '05 #5

This thread has been closed and replies have been disabled. Please start a new discussion.