473,320 Members | 1,876 Online
Bytes | Software Development & Data Engineering Community
Post Job

Home Posts Topics Members FAQ

Join Bytes to post your question to a community of 473,320 software developers and data experts.

where to write shiftkey disable code

sir,
now when i open the database tools menu is not coming.i want that only.
but if i open my database by pressing shift button tools menu is coming.i have a code to disable the shift key
where i have to write the code.
where is the database property allowbypassshiftkey.i didnt find that
where i have to write the shiftkey disable code
May 20 '07 #1
7 2319
ADezii
8,834 Expert 8TB
sir,
but if i open my database by pressing shift button tools menu is coming.i have a code to disable the shift key
I use the code frequently but I am at work and do not have it handy. I'll post it for you early this evening unless someone beats me to the punch.
May 20 '07 #2
ADezii
8,834 Expert 8TB
sir,
Expand|Select|Wrap|Line Numbers
  1. Function ChangeProperty(strPropName As String, varPropType As Variant, varPropValue As Variant) As Integer
  2.    Dim dbs As Object, prp As Variant
  3.    Const conPropNotFoundError = 3270
  5.    Set dbs = CurrentDb
  6.    On Error GoTo Change_Err
  7.    dbs.Properties(strPropName) = varPropValue
  8.    ChangeProperty = True
  10. Change_Bye:
  11.    Exit Function
  13. Change_Err:
  14.    If Err = conPropNotFoundError Then    ' Property not found.
  15.        Set prp = dbs.CreateProperty(strPropName, varPropType, varPropValue)
  16.        dbs.Properties.Append prp
  17.        Resume Next
  18.    Else
  19.        ' Unknown error.
  20.        ChangeProperty = False
  21.        Resume Change_Bye
  22.    End If
  23. End Function
To call the Function:
Expand|Select|Wrap|Line Numbers
  1. Const DB_Boolean As Long = 1
  2. 'To allow the SHIFT Key By By-Pass
  3. ChangeProperty "AllowBypassKey", DB_Boolean, True
May 20 '07 #3
sir
i know the code.
but where we have to write that code in modules or where
i am not getting
please help me
May 21 '07 #4
ADezii
8,834 Expert 8TB
sir
i know the code.
but where we have to write that code in modules or where
i am not getting
please help me
You can place the code in the Open() Event of your Main Form. The next time you Open your Database, the change will have taken effect. Be sure you allow yourself a 'Backdoor' into the Database.
May 21 '07 #5
jamjar
You can place the code in the Open() Event of your Main Form. The next time you Open your Database, the change will have taken effect. Be sure you allow yourself a 'Backdoor' into the Database.
Thanks - I've been wondering how you do this. Three questions:

1. How does this run if holding the shift key down prevents the main form from opening?
  2. How do you set a backdoor?
  3. Is there any way to re-establish the full menus once the db is opened?
I guess - depending if the backdoor has to be activated at startup or can be done later - questions 2 and 3 are related.

James
May 23 '07 #6
Sub DisableShiftKey()

Dim db As DAO.Database
Dim prp As DAO.Property

Set db = CurrentDb
db.Properties.Delete "AllowBypassKey"
Set prp = db.CreateProperty("AllowBypassKey", dbBoolean, False, True)
db.Properties.Append prp

db.Properties.Refresh

Set prp = Nothing
Set db = Nothing

End Sub
i wrote this code in the start up form on open event.but it is not working
what to do
please help me.when i convert to mde format tables r opening.iwant tables sholu not open.is there any way.
May 23 '07 #7
ADezii
8,834 Expert 8TB
Thanks - I've been wondering how you do this. Three questions:

1. How does this run if holding the shift key down prevents the main form from opening?
  2. How do you set a backdoor?
  3. Is there any way to re-establish the full menus once the db is opened?
I guess - depending if the backdoor has to be activated at startup or can be done later - questions 2 and 3 are related.

James
For some Databases, I'll disable the SHIFT ByPass and also deselect all Options in Tools ==> StartUp among other things. To get back in to the Database, I'll create an AutoKeys Macro with a complex Shortcut Key combination which will execute RunCommand ==> StartUp Properties. I will then select all Options and open the Database again to allow full access.
May 23 '07 #8

Sign in to post your reply or Sign up for a free account.