473,471 Members | 1,767 Online
Bytes | Software Development & Data Engineering Community
Create Post

Home Posts Topics Members FAQ

Simple Factorial function for VB

8,435 Recognized Expert Expert
Here's a very simple function for VB (written in VB6) to calculate the factorial (!) of a number. Note that it is limited by the magnitude of the value which can be stored in the Long data type. (In fact, I believe it overflows at 13!)

Expand|Select|Wrap|Line Numbers
  1. Public Function Factorial(ByVal bNum As Byte) As Long
  2.   Dim I As Long
  3.   If bNum <= 0 Then Exit Function
  4.   Factorial = 1
  5.   For I = 1 To bNum
  6.     Factorial = Factorial * I
  7.   Next
  8. End Function
May 28 '07 #1
0 25095

Sign in to post your reply or Sign up for a free account.

Similar topics

by: actuary77 | last post by:
I am trying to write simple recursive function to build a list: def rec(n,alist=): _nl=alist print n,_nl if n == 0: print n,_nl return _nl else:
by: parez | last post by:
Hi All! This is the first time i am tryin to write a sql server 2000 function. I need to clean up some of my stored procedures.. Can any one please give me skeleton for a userdefined function...
by: robbie.carlton | last post by:
Hello! I've programmed in c a bit, but nothing very complicated. I've just come back to it after a long sojourn in the lands of functional programming and am completely stumped on a very simple...
by: Martin Jørgensen | last post by:
Hi, Consider (factorial.cpp): #include <iostream> using namespace std; double R=3.2; /* not used, but R is static because it is a global variable (file scope) */
by: drasko | last post by:
Hi all. I need to code simple and fast int regexp_match(char *regexp, char *string) function that will follow the expression regexp, and see if there is a matching in the string. If there is, it...
by: HYRY | last post by:
I want to add some simple search function for my homepage. It need to search through all the html files of my homepage (about 300 pages), and highlight the search words. I made some test with...
by: Manjiri | last post by:
Hello everybody... I want to know stack operation for recurssive factorilal function..... Means how it exactly returns value and over all calcultion will be carried out... Plz let me...
by: Blue sky | last post by:
Hi,I am a new C++ learner.The follow prgram produces a wrong result,but I can't find the wrong.Can you help me?Thank you! #include<stdio.h> long factorial( long number); int main() { int...
marktang
by: marktang | last post by:
ONU (Optical Network Unit) is one of the key components for providing high-speed Internet services. Its primary function is to act as an endpoint device located at the user's premises. However,...
by: Hystou | last post by:
Most computers default to English, but sometimes we require a different language, especially when relocating. Forgot to request a specific language before your computer shipped? No problem! You can...
jinu1996
by: jinu1996 | last post by:
In today's digital age, having a compelling online presence is paramount for businesses aiming to thrive in a competitive landscape. At the heart of this digital strategy lies an intricately woven...
tracyyun
by: tracyyun | last post by:
Dear forum friends, With the development of smart home technology, a variety of wireless communication protocols have appeared on the market, such as Zigbee, Z-Wave, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, etc. Each...
agi2029
by: agi2029 | last post by:
Let's talk about the concept of autonomous AI software engineers and no-code agents. These AIs are designed to manage the entire lifecycle of a software development project—planning, coding, testing,...
isladogs
by: isladogs | last post by:
The next Access Europe User Group meeting will be on Wednesday 1 May 2024 starting at 18:00 UK time (6PM UTC+1) and finishing by 19:30 (7.30PM). In this session, we are pleased to welcome a new...
by: conductexam | last post by:
I have .net C# application in which I am extracting data from word file and save it in database particularly. To store word all data as it is I am converting the whole word file firstly in HTML and...
by: TSSRALBI | last post by:
Hello I'm a network technician in training and I need your help. I am currently learning how to create and manage the different types of VPNs and I have a question about LAN-to-LAN VPNs. The...
by: 6302768590 | last post by:
Hai team i want code for transfer the data from one system to another through IP address by using C# our system has to for every 5mins then we have to update the data what the data is updated ...

By using Bytes.com and it's services, you agree to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

To disable or enable advertisements and analytics tracking please visit the manage ads & tracking page.