473,327 Members | 1,976 Online
Bytes | Software Development & Data Engineering Community
Post Job

Home Posts Topics Members FAQ

Join Bytes to post your question to a community of 473,327 software developers and data experts.

Send Groupwise E-Mail w/ Attachment Thru MS Access

I have used DoCmd.SendObject to send an e-mail through Access. Now I am looking for a way to attach a file (e.g. PDF file) to that document.

I think this is possible using Outlook but cannot find anything that is compatible with Groupwise - can anyone offer any help?
May 29 '07 #1
3 4289
puppydogbuddy
1,923 Expert 1GB
I have used DoCmd.SendObject to send an e-mail through Access. Now I am looking for a way to attach a file (e.g. PDF file) to that document.

I think this is possible using Outlook but cannot find anything that is compatible with Groupwise - can anyone offer any help?
See this link....I think it will give you what you need::
http://www.p2p.wrox.com/archive/access/2003-02/21.asp

You have to look at the entire link, but the code for sending an email attachment is posted as message #5 by Derrick Flores 2/5/2003 18:55
May 29 '07 #2
The VB code does not like:

Dim cGW As GW

I have turned on my GroupWise references....any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance
May 30 '07 #3
puppydogbuddy
1,923 Expert 1GB
The VB code does not like:

Dim cGW As GW

I have turned on my GroupWise references....any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance
It looks like Novell made some changes. Try this and see if it helps:

Dim cGW As GroupwareTypeLibrary.Application2
Set cGW As New GroupwareTypeLibrary.Application2

If this doesn't work, provide the name of the reference object(s) you set references to.
May 30 '07 #4

Sign in to post your reply or Sign up for a free account.

Similar topics

by: Dennis Hartmann | last post by:
Has anyone found a "display" method for the GroupwareTypeLibrary.Message object, comparable to the Display method of the Outlook.MailItem object? I simply want end user or have the option of...
by: Norman Fritag | last post by:
Hi there are there any issues with sending multiple emails via GroupWise ver. 6??? please comment. Regards Norman
by: zhimin | last post by:
Hi, I'm writing a program to send large file(100m) through dotnet using TCPListener & TCPClient, I'm sending the file with a ask and response loop: 1. Client send a flag 1 to server indicate it...
by: Rvo | last post by:
Hi all, I need to use the Netware "send" function to send messages to some/all attached netware users on a server. However, I can't find any documentation on this topic on the Novell site or...
by: ultr | last post by:
Hello, I have read that send() may not send whole message and returns the nuber of bytes sent, so that we can handle the rest of the message. Is it true, because i have tested sending even 1MB...
by: amjad | last post by:
hi how to send email through groupwise not smtp with asp.net 1.1 lang=c sharp.. thanks
by: bobh | last post by:
Hi All, I have an AccessXP vba procedure which attaches a report to Groupwise and sends it to recipients. That line of code looks like this MailApplication.Recipients.Add strTo this...
by: =?Utf-8?B?QWhtZWQ=?= | last post by:
i dont know if i am in the right place but i am gonna ask anyway. so my question is: is there any way to show outlook or groupwise calendar on a visual basic form or application. i couldnt find a...
by: jpatel | last post by:
I am trying to Connect Groupwise and change password .It works fine in VS2005 environment but fails when deployed on IIS. Here is my sample code... Imports AdminTypeLibrary Private Sub...
by: Xionbox | last post by:
Hello everybody, The error I have seems very easy to solve, but for some odd reason I can't seem to solve it. Anyways, here's my "setup". I created a server running on localhost:1200 (telnet...
by: DolphinDB | last post by:
Tired of spending countless mintues downsampling your data? Look no further! In this article, you’ll learn how to efficiently downsample 6.48 billion high-frequency records to 61 million...
by: ryjfgjl | last post by:
ExcelToDatabase: batch import excel into database automatically...
by: jfyes | last post by:
As a hardware engineer, after seeing that CEIWEI recently released a new tool for Modbus RTU Over TCP/UDP filtering and monitoring, I actively went to its official website to take a look. It turned...
by: ArrayDB | last post by:
The error message I've encountered is; ERROR:root:Error generating model response: exception: access violation writing 0x0000000000005140, which seems to be indicative of an access violation...
by: PapaRatzi | last post by:
Hello, I am teaching myself MS Access forms design and Visual Basic. I've created a table to capture a list of Top 30 singles and forms to capture new entries. The final step is a form (unbound)...
by: CloudSolutions | last post by:
Introduction: For many beginners and individual users, requiring a credit card and email registration may pose a barrier when starting to use cloud servers. However, some cloud server providers now...
by: Shællîpôpï 09 | last post by:
If u are using a keypad phone, how do u turn on JavaScript, to access features like WhatsApp, Facebook, Instagram....
by: af34tf | last post by:
Hi Guys, I have a domain whose name is BytesLimited.com, and I want to sell it. Does anyone know about platforms that allow me to list my domain in auction for free. Thank you
by: Faith0G | last post by:
I am starting a new it consulting business and it's been a while since I setup a new website. Is wordpress still the best web based software for hosting a 5 page website? The webpages will be...

By using Bytes.com and it's services, you agree to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

To disable or enable advertisements and analytics tracking please visit the manage ads & tracking page.