473,400 Members | 2,163 Online
Bytes | Software Development & Data Engineering Community
Post Job

Home Posts Topics Members FAQ

Join Bytes to post your question to a community of 473,400 software developers and data experts.

remove space

I cant remove the space in my table. i used Trim and replace. but still it sis not working.
Dim campign_number As Integer
campaign_number = Trim(Me.tbx_campaign_number)
With rst
.AddNew
.Fields("campaign_number") = campaign_number

i dont know what to do.
HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP
Jun 12 '07 #1
9 2631
JConsulting
603 Expert 512MB
I cant remove the space in my table. i used Trim and replace. but still it sis not working.
Dim campign_number As Integer
campaign_number = Trim(Me.tbx_campaign_number)
With rst
.AddNew
.Fields("campaign_number") = campaign_number

i dont know what to do.
HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

Can you show us an example?

What type is your field?
Jun 12 '07 #2
campain number is a text box and the user should insertit manualay and it is a number.
Jun 12 '07 #3
missinglinq
3,532 Expert 2GB
I realize you're new here, Voroojak, but please do not double post on the forum. It potentially wastes the time of the very people you're asking for help. The person responding on one post has no way of knowing what's been suggested to you on the other post, and whether or not the suggestion(s) have partially helped or not.

This question originally posted at:

http://www.thescripts.com/forum/thread659227.html
Jun 12 '07 #4
JConsulting
603 Expert 512MB
campain number is a text box and the user should insertit manualay and it is a number.

Ok, that's part of what we need to know.

what does the number look like? 123 123 123 ????

at what time do you want the spaces removed? After the user enters it and before it gets written to the table???
Jun 12 '07 #5
yes. exactly. the number looks like 34567.
the user is enetering for example 34567 in a textbox in a form and then it has to go and sit in a table in SQL.
I am sorry if i doulble post.
thanks alot
Jun 12 '07 #6
JConsulting
603 Expert 512MB
yes. exactly. the number looks like 34567.
the user is enetering for example 34567 in a textbox in a form and then it has to go and sit in a table in SQL.
I am sorry if i doulble post.
thanks alot

there aren't any spaces in this ---> the number looks like 34567
Jun 12 '07 #7
in number when i ener there is no space but when it goes and sit in sql table, then after number is finished there is trailing space that i have to remove that blank space.
Jun 12 '07 #8
NeoPa
32,556 Expert Mod 16PB
in number when i ener there is no space but when it goes and sit in sql table, then after number is finished there is trailing space that i have to remove that blank space.
Is this a SQL Server table?
If so, how is the field defined in the table?
Please also provide reliable examples of the data you write and the results you get when you look at it later.
Jun 12 '07 #9
NeoPa
32,556 Expert Mod 16PB
This question originally posted at:
remove space in table
Thanks Linq.
In view of this it is probably better that I close this thread (too much has happened in both threads simply to merge now) and suggest that all further communication take place in the other thread.
Experts,
Remember that if you find a situation like this in future, you have the option of Reporting the post or thread which allows a moderator to come and tidy up. We're only too happy to assist, especially when the request comes from an Expert.
Jun 12 '07 #10

This thread has been closed and replies have been disabled. Please start a new discussion.

Similar topics

by: Sam Collett | last post by:
How do I remove an item with a specified value from an array? i.e. array values 1,2,2,5,7,12,15,21 remove 2 from array would return 1,5,7,12,15,21 (12 and 21 are NOT removed, duplicates are...
by: Joseph | last post by:
I have a textBox that people writes stories in it. They can use for format. I have Aspell installed on the server, so people can make correction to their text. Sometimes, they forget to add a...
by: Danny | last post by:
Given this: "*" the pattern to remove the htnl code between brackets, how can I remove a series of spaces and just make one space. like here is a series of blank...
by: Registered User | last post by:
Hi experts, I'm trying to write a program that replaces two or more consecutive blanks in a string by a single blank. Here's what I did: #include <stdio.h> #include <string.h> #define MAX 80
by: ThunderMusic | last post by:
Hi, I want to make a toolbox form (like the one in Adobe Photoshop), so I would like to put many buttons one beside the others (beside, over and under, just like the toolbox in photoshop). I...
by: DanielJohnson | last post by:
I am writing a program in which I am removing all the spaces from the string. I thought that I could do it two ways. One was parsing the string character by character and copying onto another...
by: afr02hrs | last post by:
Hi Experts I am trying to get the following program running correctly. I would like to be able to input a line of text containing multiple space characters between words and have the program...
by: Steve | last post by:
I'm getting string returned from my Database with a space in front of it, it sometimes it looks like this 8 9 10 1 and so one, how can I remove the white space in front of the numbers? Its...
by: ashish1779 | last post by:
hi I am new in PHP, i have face one problem when I crawl any site and i have to save the whole HTML content in database, on that time all the HTML tags are changes into the extra space in content...
by: progvar | last post by:
Hi i have not any idea how to remove white space in vb actualy i am accessing value from table some time the column is null and some time it contain space means user press space bar to remove data...
by: Charles Arthur | last post by:
How do i turn on java script on a villaon, callus and itel keypad mobile phone
BarryA
by: BarryA | last post by:
What are the essential steps and strategies outlined in the Data Structures and Algorithms (DSA) roadmap for aspiring data scientists? How can individuals effectively utilize this roadmap to progress...
by: nemocccc | last post by:
hello, everyone, I want to develop a software for my android phone for daily needs, any suggestions?
by: Sonnysonu | last post by:
This is the data of csv file 1 2 3 1 2 3 1 2 3 1 2 3 2 3 2 3 3 the lengths should be different i have to store the data by column-wise with in the specific length. suppose the i have to...
by: Hystou | last post by:
There are some requirements for setting up RAID: 1. The motherboard and BIOS support RAID configuration. 2. The motherboard has 2 or more available SATA protocol SSD/HDD slots (including MSATA, M.2...
marktang
by: marktang | last post by:
ONU (Optical Network Unit) is one of the key components for providing high-speed Internet services. Its primary function is to act as an endpoint device located at the user's premises. However,...
by: Hystou | last post by:
Overview: Windows 11 and 10 have less user interface control over operating system update behaviour than previous versions of Windows. In Windows 11 and 10, there is no way to turn off the Windows...
agi2029
by: agi2029 | last post by:
Let's talk about the concept of autonomous AI software engineers and no-code agents. These AIs are designed to manage the entire lifecycle of a software development project—planning, coding, testing,...
isladogs
by: isladogs | last post by:
The next Access Europe User Group meeting will be on Wednesday 1 May 2024 starting at 18:00 UK time (6PM UTC+1) and finishing by 19:30 (7.30PM). In this session, we are pleased to welcome a new...

By using Bytes.com and it's services, you agree to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

To disable or enable advertisements and analytics tracking please visit the manage ads & tracking page.