473,324 Members | 2,535 Online
Bytes | Software Development & Data Engineering Community
Post Job

Home Posts Topics Members FAQ

Join Bytes to post your question to a community of 473,324 software developers and data experts.

In PHPMailer, can we set the To adress and BCC address as same

I had set "To" and "BCC" address as same ...but all i got was one mail...and not the BCC one.

Can some one tell me, is it a problem if we set To and BCC address as same?

Thanx in advance.

SA
Jul 19 '07 #1
5 3625
nathj
938 Expert 512MB
I had set "To" and "BCC" address as same ...but all i got was one mail...and not the BCC one.

Can some one tell me, is it a problem if we set To and BCC address as same?

Thanx in advance.

SA
Why do you need to send the one email to the same address twice?
nathj
Jul 19 '07 #2
I just wanted to test whether i was getting as both the recepient and a BCC recepient .... But somehow ...it doesnt seem to be working...
Its working fine, if i specify different addresses.

Any suggestions??

Thanx.

Why do you need to send the one email to the same address twice?
nathj
Jul 19 '07 #3
nathj
938 Expert 512MB
I just wanted to test whether i was getting as both the recepient and a BCC recepient .... But somehow ...it doesnt seem to be working...
Its working fine, if i specify different addresses.

Any suggestions??

Thanx.
I have read over the phpMailer documentation ad couldn't see anythig about this.

However, it seems to me like a desirablefeature. If you have one address listed more than once the recipient still only gets one email. That's smart.

Also as the adress lists work with distinct lists that seems fine to me as well. Perhaps this can just be forgotten about as I can't think of a real world scenario where you would want to list an adress as TO and BCC.

I know this isn't the best help in the world, I did spend some time looking for some information for you but didn't come across anything.

Sorry and I hope that it has helped in some small way

nathj
Jul 19 '07 #4
Hey thanks so much for the information. Yup I agree it is not going to be a real world scenario.
Ok from what you say, i get that the address list is always unique... So no use at all if we give the same adress for To, CC, Bcc.

Again Thank you. :-)

I have read over the phpMailer documentation ad couldn't see anythig about this.

However, it seems to me like a desirablefeature. If you have one address listed more than once the recipient still only gets one email. That's smart.

Also as the adress lists work with distinct lists that seems fine to me as well. Perhaps this can just be forgotten about as I can't think of a real world scenario where you would want to list an adress as TO and BCC.

I know this isn't the best help in the world, I did spend some time looking for some information for you but didn't come across anything.

Sorry and I hope that it has helped in some small way

nathj
Jul 20 '07 #5
Ok here is a problem,

I set the To address to a person who is included in a mailing list. I have added that mailing list as CC address and myself in the BCC address. I am also included in the Mailing list.

So when i sent the mail, it so happened that i got 2 mails - one from the mailing list and one from BCC.

The person in the To address received only one mail even though he was included in the mailing list and logically should have got a mail via the mailing list.

Your thoughts?

Regds,
SA
Jul 20 '07 #6

Sign in to post your reply or Sign up for a free account.

Similar topics

by: Daniel Loose | last post by:
Hi, a friend was so kind to host my php scripts. but when they use phpmailer (or other PHP mail facilities) to email e.g. to an invalid address, the returning error message appears in *my...
by: Dave Smithz | last post by:
Hi There, I have developed a php application for a client that uses the excellent class.phpmailer.php. However, the client has requested that when they get back bounce back emails from people...
by: FKothe | last post by:
Hello together, the program below shows a behavior i do not understand. When compiled with the HX-UX11 c-comiler ( version B.11.11.04 ) v2.p in function test_it0 points to an invalid adress and...
by: thehuby | last post by:
Does anyone know how I can send an email using PHPMailer (or similar) and have it send 'on behalf of' someone. This is for a tell a friend feature on a website (I am trying to mimic the way that...
by: mwebel | last post by:
Hi, i had this problem before (posted here and solved it then) now i have the same problem but more complicated and general... basically i want to store the adress of a istream in a char* among...
by: Lucanos | last post by:
Hi All, I am currently using PHPMailer to send out a set of emails on the execution of a PHP Script (obviously). My problem is that the PHPMailer action is returning a "true" result each time...
dlite922
by: dlite922 | last post by:
I can't seem to get it working with my smtp server. I can send the email through the command line like so: 220 localhost.localdomain ESMTP Sendmail 8.13.8/8.13.8; Wed, 6 Aug 2008 18:44:29...
by: Gilles Ganault | last post by:
Hello To handle an occasionnal flaky ADSL connection, I updated the database that handles incoming calls to have a column that is set to NULL, and then updated to either Y or N depending on...
mikek12004
by: mikek12004 | last post by:
Before posting here I google it and saw ablut 30 pages for a solution so I pretty much excluded the obvious things. The code is <?php //now to send the mails to seller...
by: DolphinDB | last post by:
Tired of spending countless mintues downsampling your data? Look no further! In this article, you’ll learn how to efficiently downsample 6.48 billion high-frequency records to 61 million...
by: ryjfgjl | last post by:
ExcelToDatabase: batch import excel into database automatically...
isladogs
by: isladogs | last post by:
The next Access Europe meeting will be on Wednesday 6 Mar 2024 starting at 18:00 UK time (6PM UTC) and finishing at about 19:15 (7.15PM). In this month's session, we are pleased to welcome back...
by: Vimpel783 | last post by:
Hello! Guys, I found this code on the Internet, but I need to modify it a little. It works well, the problem is this: Data is sent from only one cell, in this case B5, but it is necessary that data...
by: jfyes | last post by:
As a hardware engineer, after seeing that CEIWEI recently released a new tool for Modbus RTU Over TCP/UDP filtering and monitoring, I actively went to its official website to take a look. It turned...
by: PapaRatzi | last post by:
Hello, I am teaching myself MS Access forms design and Visual Basic. I've created a table to capture a list of Top 30 singles and forms to capture new entries. The final step is a form (unbound)...
by: CloudSolutions | last post by:
Introduction: For many beginners and individual users, requiring a credit card and email registration may pose a barrier when starting to use cloud servers. However, some cloud server providers now...
by: Shællîpôpï 09 | last post by:
If u are using a keypad phone, how do u turn on JavaScript, to access features like WhatsApp, Facebook, Instagram....
by: af34tf | last post by:
Hi Guys, I have a domain whose name is BytesLimited.com, and I want to sell it. Does anyone know about platforms that allow me to list my domain in auction for free. Thank you

By using Bytes.com and it's services, you agree to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

To disable or enable advertisements and analytics tracking please visit the manage ads & tracking page.