473,439 Members | 1,731 Online
Bytes | Software Development & Data Engineering Community
Post Job

Home Posts Topics Members FAQ

Join Bytes to post your question to a community of 473,439 software developers and data experts.

Custom Buttons in VB.NET

Hello, I need to create my own custom buttons in vb.net 2005 (I created the graphics in photoshop) . I don't want to use Pictureboxes, I just wanted a button, but don't want it to be rectangle, you got what I mean.

How to do this? if you know any articles about it please tell me.

Q2: What if I want to create a button such as the "Close" button, my Form doesn't have a close button because I want to create it by myself. How can I make a close button without passing on it when the user moves between the buttons using "Tab"

Thanks
Jul 19 '07 #1
7 6967
Hello!!
Anyone there for help please...
Jul 19 '07 #2
kenobewan
4,871 Expert 4TB
I assume that you could use your image and give it a click event. Not sure what you mean by the last part of q2.
Jul 22 '07 #3
I assume that you could use your image and give it a click event. Not sure what you mean by the last part of q2.
I know how to do this, I used it before. But I don't want to use an image because it's slower than the button, I tested this several times, it takes like a second before the function is executed.

plus, when it's an image, if you put your mouse over it you can't change the picture, sometimes users will not figure out this is a button. Got what I mean.

Regards,
Wassim
Jul 23 '07 #4
kenobewan
4,871 Expert 4TB
Still not getting it - I have swapped images on a mouseover lots of times. What was your methodology for testing image versus button onclick?
Jul 23 '07 #5
jinnee
You can create a NewButtonType control inherites Button type.
Jul 24 '07 #6
jinnee
For the second question, my suggestion is
-Have a variable to keep the current keypressed value.
-In CloseButton.GotFocus():
Check if CurrentKeypressed is 'Tab', then Set TabIndex = next index and exit.
Jul 24 '07 #7
Edit: sorry wrong topic
Aug 5 '07 #8

Sign in to post your reply or Sign up for a free account.

Similar topics

by: dzeeq | last post by:
Hi, I wonder if it's possible to replace standard text on confirm-popup buttons from 'ok' and 'cancel' to some other captions. If not, is there a way to create quickly custom dialog, with only two...
by: Robert Neville | last post by:
I am having some trouble with some old code revolving around custom form navigation buttons. My main form has a sub-form with these custom navigation buttons. In other words, the code should be...
by: Vern | last post by:
I have a custom button control that compares the user security level to the buttons security level property. If the user level is greater than the button level, then the button is enabled, else it...
by: | last post by:
Hi all, Has anyone been able to write some custom javascript on the onclick event of submit button to do certain things like disable submit button, only submit form once etc. This was a breeze...
by: Poker Man | last post by:
Hi, I know how to do Sumbit buttons in Forms, and I know how to do custom buttons in Javascript. What I can't seem to find is how to do custom Submit buttons using Javascript! Anybody out...
by: Jamey Shuemaker | last post by:
I'm in the process of expanding my knowledge and use of Class Modules. I've perused MSDN and this and other sites, and I'm pretty comfortable with my understanding of Class Modules with the...
by: Wayne | last post by:
I've been clicking around Access 2007 Beta 2 and can't see the custom menu bar designer. Is it in the beta? Maybe I'm blind. The question that comes to mind is: Will custom menu bars be the same...
by: Blue | last post by:
We have a custom word processing type editor built with C# and .NET 2.0 and we need to support typing in languages other than English. I want to be able to use the Windows IME to enter in text...
by: OceanBreeze | last post by:
I have added a LinkButton to a table cell programmatically inside the Page_Load method. I also added a custom event to that link button. The same custom event is valid for all the link buttons. The...
by: Marcolino | last post by:
Hi all, I need to add a custom button to title bar on a form in addition of a standard button. (Minimize/Maximize, close etc.) I need also to handle OnClick event of this button. I looked around...
by: Sonnysonu | last post by:
This is the data of csv file 1 2 3 1 2 3 1 2 3 1 2 3 2 3 2 3 3 the lengths should be different i have to store the data by column-wise with in the specific length. suppose the i have to...
marktang
by: marktang | last post by:
ONU (Optical Network Unit) is one of the key components for providing high-speed Internet services. Its primary function is to act as an endpoint device located at the user's premises. However,...
jinu1996
by: jinu1996 | last post by:
In today's digital age, having a compelling online presence is paramount for businesses aiming to thrive in a competitive landscape. At the heart of this digital strategy lies an intricately woven...
by: Hystou | last post by:
Overview: Windows 11 and 10 have less user interface control over operating system update behaviour than previous versions of Windows. In Windows 11 and 10, there is no way to turn off the Windows...
tracyyun
by: tracyyun | last post by:
Dear forum friends, With the development of smart home technology, a variety of wireless communication protocols have appeared on the market, such as Zigbee, Z-Wave, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, etc. Each...
agi2029
by: agi2029 | last post by:
Let's talk about the concept of autonomous AI software engineers and no-code agents. These AIs are designed to manage the entire lifecycle of a software development project—planning, coding, testing,...
isladogs
by: isladogs | last post by:
The next Access Europe User Group meeting will be on Wednesday 1 May 2024 starting at 18:00 UK time (6PM UTC+1) and finishing by 19:30 (7.30PM). In this session, we are pleased to welcome a new...
by: TSSRALBI | last post by:
Hello I'm a network technician in training and I need your help. I am currently learning how to create and manage the different types of VPNs and I have a question about LAN-to-LAN VPNs. The...
by: adsilva | last post by:
A Windows Forms form does not have the event Unload, like VB6. What one acts like?

By using Bytes.com and it's services, you agree to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

To disable or enable advertisements and analytics tracking please visit the manage ads & tracking page.