473,322 Members | 1,431 Online
Bytes | Software Development & Data Engineering Community
Post Job

Home Posts Topics Members FAQ

Join Bytes to post your question to a community of 473,322 software developers and data experts.

ResultSet limit

Hi,

This is vinod.

i have tried to read a 10 lacks records with column count 14 from the database at a single time. But my application shows OUT OF MEMORY error.

Any help?

my id : <id removed per posting guidelines>

Thanks,
Vinod
Aug 16 '07 #1
15 8708
JosAH
11,448 Expert 8TB
Hi,

This is vinod.

i have tried to read a 10 lacks records with column count 14 from the database at a single time. But my application shows OUT OF MEMORY error.

Any help?

my id : <id removed as per posting guidelines>

Thanks,
Vinod
How much is 'a 10 lacks'?

kind regards,

Jos
Aug 16 '07 #2
pvinod

Thanks,
vinod
Aug 16 '07 #3
JosAH
11,448 Expert 8TB

Thanks,
vinod
So that's one million records with 14 columns each? It depends a bit on the length
of the columns but I can see that you get an OutOfMemoryError ... there are a
few -X flags that increase the JVM's heap size but I think that's just postponing
the execution. What do you want to load that many records in memory at once?

kind regards,

Jos
Aug 16 '07 #4
pvinod
So that's one million records with 14 columns each? It depends a bit on the length
of the columns but I can see that you get an OutOfMemoryError ... there are a
few -X flags that increase the JVM's heap size but I think that's just postponing
the execution. What do you want to load that many records in memory at once?

kind regards,

Jos
Thanks for ur response Jos.

I need to import data from one database to another database. Please give me some way to avoid this Outof Memory error.

Regards,
Vinod
Aug 16 '07 #5
JosAH
11,448 Expert 8TB
Thanks for ur response Jos.

I need to import data from one database to another database. Please give me some way to avoid this Outof Memory error.

Regards,
Vinod
You might try to specify the Statement.setFetchSize() on your Statement

kind regards,

Jos
Aug 16 '07 #6
pvinod
You might try to specify the Statement.setFetchSize() on your Statement

kind regards,

Jos

I have tried this setFetchSize() method. But I got error message(Invalid fetch size).

Thanks,
Vinod
Aug 16 '07 #7
JosAH
11,448 Expert 8TB
I have tried this setFetchSize() method. But I got error message(Invalid fetch size).

Thanks,
Vinod
So what happens if you experiment a bit with different fetch sizes?

kind regards,

Jos
Aug 16 '07 #8
pvinod
So what happens if you experiment a bit with different fetch sizes?

kind regards,

Jos
Hi,
I got the following error.

rs.setFetchSize(50);

java.sql.SQLException: Invalid Fetch Size

Thanks,
Vinod
Aug 16 '07 #9
JosAH
11,448 Expert 8TB
Hi,
I got the following error.

rs.setFetchSize(50);

java.sql.SQLException: Invalid Fetch Size

Thanks,
Vinod
Can you show us a bit of relevant code please? What database are you using?

kind regards,

Jos
Aug 17 '07 #10
praveen2gupta
201 100+
Hi
The ResultSet is having a limit of 1000 results. You can not access unlimited number of records from a singlr sql query. So you are getting errors
Aug 17 '07 #11
JosAH
11,448 Expert 8TB
The ResultSet is having a limit of 1000 results.
That all depends on the database vendor and its JDBC driver.

kind regards,

Jos
Aug 17 '07 #12
pvinod
That all depends on the database vendor and its JDBC driver.

kind regards,

Jos

Hi,

I have tried to read 3,00,000 records. I was able to do this.

Please advise. Is any other way to perform this.

Thanks,
Vinod
Aug 17 '07 #13
JosAH
11,448 Expert 8TB
Hi,

I have tried to read 3,00,000 records. I was able to do this.

Please advise. Is any other way to perform this.

Thanks,
Vinod
I don't know if you followed an other identical thread but my observations are:

1) users are not willing to scroll through so much data. They want it in reasonable
chunks through which they can navigate.
2) you can't collect that much database because of memory constraints.

So my tip is to 'page' through all the data. Depending on your database and its
SQL dialect you might check the 'offset/limit' statement parts or the 'numrows'
statement part or whatever your database supports.

A few buttons for navigational purposes and just a bit of data in the Session
object can do the rest. Don't try to retrieve and show all the data in one piece.

kind regards,

Jos
Aug 17 '07 #14
pvinod
I don't know if you followed an other identical thread but my observations are:

1) users are not willing to scroll through so much data. They want it in reasonable
chunks through which they can navigate.
2) you can't collect that much database because of memory constraints.

So my tip is to 'page' through all the data. Depending on your database and its
SQL dialect you might check the 'offset/limit' statement parts or the 'numrows'
statement part or whatever your database supports.

A few buttons for navigational purposes and just a bit of data in the Session
object can do the rest. Don't try to retrieve and show all the data in one piece.

kind regards,

Jos

thanks Jos. Let me try

vinod
Aug 17 '07 #15
Please use this this will help you in storing the bulk data without memory dependency

Statement stmt = con.createStatement(java.sql.ResultSet.TYPE_FORWAR D_ONLY,java.sql.ResultSet.CONCUR_READ_ONLY);
stmt.setFetchSize(Integer.MIN_VALUE);
Mar 16 '15 #16

Sign in to post your reply or Sign up for a free account.