473,408 Members | 1,966 Online
Bytes | Software Development & Data Engineering Community
Post Job

Home Posts Topics Members FAQ

Join Bytes to post your question to a community of 473,408 software developers and data experts.

Executing DB2 commands from Windows command prompt

Hi,

Please help me, if theres a way we can execute DB2 commands directly from the windows cmd prompt window instead of executing those from DB2 CLP window.
I need to connect to a DB2 database and run a .sql script. I should have these commands in a batch file that should be executed from windows cmd prompt.

The cmds that wrk from DB2 CLP window are -
db2 connect to <database> user <user_name> using <passwd>
db2 -td! -vf <file_name>

These cmds doesn't work if we execute them directly from the windows cmd prompt window.

Thanks and Regards
Srivalli
Aug 29 '07 #1
2 19330
docdiesel
297 Expert 100+
Hi,

try the "db2cmd" command. This opens a cmd windows with db2 environment, so that the commands you listed should work.

Regards, Bernd
Aug 29 '07 #2
HI ...

You can use "command window" instead of CLP

Naval
Aug 29 '07 #3

Sign in to post your reply or Sign up for a free account.

Similar topics

by: Erhan | last post by:
Hello, after a recent move to windows API from terminal I come across a small problem. How can I execute a program without using stdlib.h ? Before I would use stdlib.h by using a command such as...
by: Rudolf Bargholz | last post by:
Hi, DB2 Version 7.1 FP11 on Windows XP I have a text file containing SQL. The text file was created using db2look. CONNECT TO MYDB user db2admin using xxxxxx;
by: Harley | last post by:
Hey, I want to have a small command prompt type shell in one of my forms that will allow a user to issue dos(if i can still call it dos) commands from within my windows for and show the output...
by: AG | last post by:
Hello, This is my first post to this group, and on top of that I am a beginner. So please direct me to another group if this post seems out of place.... I have recently written a program which...
by: Shooter4Life8 | last post by:
Hi, I am having trouble figureing out the best way to open a command prompt then write lines to it in VB.NET. Currently I have this code, but it execute's too fast I think because Dim psi As...
by: Ara Kooser | last post by:
Hello all, I hope I am posting this correctly. I am running Python 2.4.2 on Slackware 11.0 using IDLE. I am in the process of learning python so I am writing a text adventure game using...
by: nsjmetzger | last post by:
I have a script that runs fine in Windows 2003 (32-bit). It basically calls the Windows defrag command. When I try the exact same code on Windows 2003 (64-bit) I get the following message: ...
by: raocheng | last post by:
Please see the following code. Suppose I have many shell commands to be executed. And I don't want to fork a sub shell for each command(eg: status,output = commands.getstatusoutput(cmd)) because...
by: rcook349 | last post by:
I'm trying to automate our builds and publishes of our Windows application (deployed to a website via ClickOnce). I'm getting close, I think, on the commands I need to execute. However, how do...
BarryA
by: BarryA | last post by:
What are the essential steps and strategies outlined in the Data Structures and Algorithms (DSA) roadmap for aspiring data scientists? How can individuals effectively utilize this roadmap to progress...
by: nemocccc | last post by:
hello, everyone, I want to develop a software for my android phone for daily needs, any suggestions?
by: Sonnysonu | last post by:
This is the data of csv file 1 2 3 1 2 3 1 2 3 1 2 3 2 3 2 3 3 the lengths should be different i have to store the data by column-wise with in the specific length. suppose the i have to...
marktang
by: marktang | last post by:
ONU (Optical Network Unit) is one of the key components for providing high-speed Internet services. Its primary function is to act as an endpoint device located at the user's premises. However,...
by: Hystou | last post by:
Most computers default to English, but sometimes we require a different language, especially when relocating. Forgot to request a specific language before your computer shipped? No problem! You can...
jinu1996
by: jinu1996 | last post by:
In today's digital age, having a compelling online presence is paramount for businesses aiming to thrive in a competitive landscape. At the heart of this digital strategy lies an intricately woven...
by: Hystou | last post by:
Overview: Windows 11 and 10 have less user interface control over operating system update behaviour than previous versions of Windows. In Windows 11 and 10, there is no way to turn off the Windows...
tracyyun
by: tracyyun | last post by:
Dear forum friends, With the development of smart home technology, a variety of wireless communication protocols have appeared on the market, such as Zigbee, Z-Wave, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, etc. Each...
by: conductexam | last post by:
I have .net C# application in which I am extracting data from word file and save it in database particularly. To store word all data as it is I am converting the whole word file firstly in HTML and...

By using Bytes.com and it's services, you agree to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

To disable or enable advertisements and analytics tracking please visit the manage ads & tracking page.