473,320 Members | 1,722 Online
Bytes | Software Development & Data Engineering Community
Post Job

Home Posts Topics Members FAQ

Join Bytes to post your question to a community of 473,320 software developers and data experts.

Getting a result set from a Dynamic SQL in MySQL

Hi Everyone

I have a code in VB that calls a Dynamic store procedure in MySQL DB, when I execute this store directly from the SQL Manager 2007 for MySQL it works very well, but when I called from my program it does not return anything, like the table does not contain any information.

How can I solve this problem?

Tks in advance
Sep 20 '07 #1
1 1502
QVeen72
1,445 Expert 1GB
Hi,

What code are you using in VB to store back the Result after executing stored procedure? Are you passing appropriate parameters?

Regards
Veena
Sep 20 '07 #2

Sign in to post your reply or Sign up for a free account.

Similar topics

by: James | last post by:
Please help - getting very desperate! Sun, 12 October 2003 05:39 I have PHPDEV 4.2.3 from Firepages.com.au as the upgrade to 4.3.0 did not work. I also had an abortive download from PHP.NET as...
by: hokieghal99 | last post by:
Hi, I'd like to get user input from an html form into a mysql select statement. Here's where I'm stumped: $result = mysql_query("SELECT * FROM dept WHERE notes LIKE '%search-string%'",$db); ...
by: mikey_boy | last post by:
Hello! Curious if anyone could give me a hand. I wrote this PHP script with makes a simple connection to a mysql database called firstdb and just pulls back the results and displays on the...
by: google_groups3 | last post by:
Server: Suse 9.2 DB: MySQL 4.0.21 Error: Driver Failed to set the internal dynamic result I am writing an app in VB.Net. I get the above error whenever i try to update the recordset using...
by: Penny | last post by:
Hi again, Thanks to those who helped before but I'm afraid I waisted your time and effort(especially Bob's) by not detailing the way I was trying to dynamically create the select statement. I...
by: Michael C# | last post by:
Is it possible to create Dynamic SQL queries in MySQL, like in SQL Server? i.e., the EXECUTE command or sp_executesql stored procedure in SQL Server. TIA
by: Yobbo | last post by:
Hi All My query is as follows: SELECT STRINGTEXT, TOKENID FROM WEBSTRINGS WHERE TOKENID IN (6,20,234,19,32,4,800,177) All I want is my resultset to come back in the order that I have...
by: Sri | last post by:
All Recenetly our shop migrated to DB2 V8 from V7. We are in IBM System Level: z/OS 1.6.1 @ RSU 0702. Processor : IBM 2064-1C7 (z/900) # 1B89 Mode: 64-bit One of my application is facing...
by: ist | last post by:
Hi, I am trying to get (and transfer over ASP.NET) some encrypted data from some MySQL fields. Since the data contains many unicode characters, I tried to get the data as a series of ASCII...
by: ryjfgjl | last post by:
ExcelToDatabase: batch import excel into database automatically...
isladogs
by: isladogs | last post by:
The next Access Europe meeting will be on Wednesday 6 Mar 2024 starting at 18:00 UK time (6PM UTC) and finishing at about 19:15 (7.15PM). In this month's session, we are pleased to welcome back...
isladogs
The next Access Europe meeting will be on Wednesday 6 Mar 2024 starting at 18:00 UK time (6PM UTC) and finishing at about 19:15 (7.15PM). In this month's session, we are pleased to welcome back...
by: Vimpel783 | last post by:
Hello! Guys, I found this code on the Internet, but I need to modify it a little. It works well, the problem is this: Data is sent from only one cell, in this case B5, but it is necessary that data...
by: jfyes | last post by:
As a hardware engineer, after seeing that CEIWEI recently released a new tool for Modbus RTU Over TCP/UDP filtering and monitoring, I actively went to its official website to take a look. It turned...
by: PapaRatzi | last post by:
Hello, I am teaching myself MS Access forms design and Visual Basic. I've created a table to capture a list of Top 30 singles and forms to capture new entries. The final step is a form (unbound)...
by: Defcon1945 | last post by:
I'm trying to learn Python using Pycharm but import shutil doesn't work
by: af34tf | last post by:
Hi Guys, I have a domain whose name is BytesLimited.com, and I want to sell it. Does anyone know about platforms that allow me to list my domain in auction for free. Thank you
isladogs
The next Access Europe User Group meeting will be on Wednesday 3 Apr 2024 starting at 18:00 UK time (6PM UTC+1) and finishing by 19:30 (7.30PM). In this session, we are pleased to welcome former...

By using Bytes.com and it's services, you agree to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

To disable or enable advertisements and analytics tracking please visit the manage ads & tracking page.