473,573 Members | 2,719 Online
Bytes | Software Development & Data Engineering Community
+ Post

Home Posts Topics Members FAQ

which editor software is for php?

7 New Member
any free version php program editor? now, I'm using wordpad, :) any recommendation?

thanks

bear
Sep 25 '07 #1
7 1541
bno
8 New Member
Really you cannot go wrong with commercial software such as Adobe Dreamweaver.

However for a freeware solution to coding, i recommend Crimson Editor

It is a suitable replacement to notepad, and it has features like colour coded programming tags. It features many programming languages including PHP.

You can get it at http://www.crimsoneditor.com/
Sep 25 '07 #2
nathj
938 Recognized Expert Contributor
any free version php program editor? now, I'm using wordpad, :) any recommendation?

thanks

bear
You should really stay away from Dreamweaver in my opinion. If you use the WYSIWYG editing in it the code it produces is awful.

I use AceHTML which comes as freeware and inexpensive commercial software varieties. Alternatively TextPad is a great text editor and you can download syntax files for it including PHP. You can also edit the syntax and the clip library files really easily.

Just Google either of those products and you could be up and running in no time. But please don't use Dreamweaver, it's over priced and not that good.

Cheers
nathj
Sep 25 '07 #3
bno
8 New Member
There is nothing wrong with dreamweaver....

It has 3 views that the user can choose from, Code View, Design View or Split View. Code is identical to a text editor, Design works as a WYSIWYG and split shows both. If you use the "Design view" you probably deserve to have sloppy code (same goes for split view to be honest)!
Sep 25 '07 #4
nathj
There is nothing wrong with dreamweaver....

If you use the "Design view" you probably deserve to have sloppy code!
That's the trouble with Dreamweaver - the cost comes at you because of the clever WYSIWYG Design View and so people use it resulting in poor websites all over the place. Granted it's better that the old MS Front Page system but not by much. I just think that it's over priced compared to other editors which are, for editing code, just as good if not better and are a lot cheaper.

I could use Dreamweaver in my job now but have decided to use AceHTML instead beacuse as far as code editors go it is brilliant.

I was just expressing an opinion, maybe a bit stongly, and warning against the temptation of the design view.

Sorry if I offended I was commenting on software and not developers. I know alot of people who use DW and I have a lot of respect for them and their work is excellent, like I say it was an opinion about a product.

Cheers
nathj
Sep 25 '07 #5
bno
8 New Member
That's the trouble with Dreamweaver - the cost comes at you because of the clever WYSIWYG Design View and so people use it resulting in poor websites all over the place. Granted it's better that the old MS Front Page system but not by much. I just think that it's over priced compared to other editors which are, for editing code, just as good if not better and are a lot cheaper.

I could use Dreamweaver in my job now but have decided to use AceHTML instead beacuse as far as code editors go it is brilliant.

I was just expressing an opinion, maybe a bit stongly, and warning against the temptation of the design view.

Sorry if I offended I was commenting on software and not developers. I know alot of people who use DW and I have a lot of respect for them and their work is excellent, like I say it was an opinion about a product.

Cheers
nathj
Yeah, I totally appreciate that, I wasn't having a go.. sorry if it came across that way. :)
Sep 25 '07 #6
nathj
Yeah, I totally appreciate that, I wasn't having a go.. sorry if it came across that way. :)
Hey, no worries. We all have our opinions and I like the rest am often too quick to defend them. All is good as they say, and hopefully the little discussion will have helped in some way.

Cheers
nathj
Sep 25 '07 #7
ak1dnar
1,584 Recognized Expert Top Contributor
PhpEclipse is a good one But first you have to use eclipse IDE.
Sep 25 '07 #8

Sign in to post your reply or Sign up for a free account.

Similar topics

by: why | last post by:
Hi, I am looking for a software that install php+apache+mysql on my computer and it has builtin php editor .That editor should be connected with mysql database . Is that type of feature are avalable where i did not worry about any connection problem.
by: Mike Kamermans | last post by:
I hope someone can help me, because what I'm going through at the moment trying to edit XML documents is enough to make me want to never edit XML again. I'm looking for an XML editor that has a few features that you'd expect in any editor, except nearly none of them seem to have: 1 - Search and repalce with Regular Expressions. 2 - ...
by: Jane Withnolastname | last post by:
I have a web page that uses an unordered list (<UL>) and the LH (list header) tag. I know LH is a valid tag because it is clearly defined by the W3C here: http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/html3/bulletlists.html The problem is, when I try to validate the page at W3C, it tells me: " element "LH" undefined " My page is 4.01 Transitional, using charset...
by: Mark | last post by:
I am developing in Visual Studio 2003 using C++ .NET. Whenever I switch to the dialog view of a form, there is a pause of 5 - 15 seconds. Whenever I run the application there is a 10-15 second pause after the application finishes compiling but before it shows in the screen. Also the editor seems a bit flakey in that the function prototypes...
by: siliconwafer | last post by:
I want to create a text editor using C. I want user to enter text freely without worring about what's gonig inside. I tried some combinations of fgets,fgetc with realloc and stdin as poniter.Bute can't do it successfully. What can be a way? How are editors created normally? If there are some functions in C ,welcomed. thanks.
by: Mladen Adamovic | last post by:
Hi! I wonder which editor or IDE you can recommend me for writing Python programs. I tried with jEdit but it isn't perfect.
by: Rob Panosh | last post by:
Hello, I am posting this message because I came across an awsome source code editor control "Editor.Net", it has built in Intellisense (Code Completion), line numbering, bookmarks, etc ... to see all it's features go to http://www.qwhale.net/products/editor. I have no affiation with this company I just want to let other developers know...
by: Aaron | last post by:
Any recommendations for a free PHP code editor?
by: aarthi28 | last post by:
Hi, I have written this code, and at the end, I am trying to write a vector of strings into a text file. However, my program is nor compiling, and it gives me the following error when I try to write to the file: error C2679: binary '<<' : no operator found which takes a right-hand operand of type 'std::string' (or there is no acceptable...
by: SMALLp | last post by:
Hello! I'm new in wxPython and before i start doing anything I have one qustion. Shoul I use some of editors like boa, spe or shoud i use my favorite text editor! i used IDLE on windows and it seamd nice. Now i have linux installed on my mashine and boa works, spe wont start, IDLE crashes when compailinfg!
marktang
by: marktang | last post by:
ONU (Optical Network Unit) is one of the key components for providing high-speed Internet services. Its primary function is to act as an endpoint device located at the user's premises. However, people are often confused as to whether an ONU can Work As a Router. In this blog post, we’ll explore What is ONU, What Is Router, ONU & Router’s main...
jinu1996
by: jinu1996 | last post by:
In today's digital age, having a compelling online presence is paramount for businesses aiming to thrive in a competitive landscape. At the heart of this digital strategy lies an intricately woven tapestry of website design and digital marketing. It's not merely about having a website; it's about crafting an immersive digital experience that...
by: Hystou | last post by:
Overview: Windows 11 and 10 have less user interface control over operating system update behaviour than previous versions of Windows. In Windows 11 and 10, there is no way to turn off the Windows Update option using the Control Panel or Settings app; it automatically checks for updates and installs any it finds, whether you like it or not. For...
agi2029
by: agi2029 | last post by:
Let's talk about the concept of autonomous AI software engineers and no-code agents. These AIs are designed to manage the entire lifecycle of a software development project—planning, coding, testing, and deployment—without human intervention. Imagine an AI that can take a project description, break it down, write the code, debug it, and then...
isladogs
by: isladogs | last post by:
The next Access Europe User Group meeting will be on Wednesday 1 May 2024 starting at 18:00 UK time (6PM UTC+1) and finishing by 19:30 (7.30PM). In this session, we are pleased to welcome a new presenter, Adolph Dupré who will be discussing some powerful techniques for using class modules. He will explain when you may want to use classes...
by: conductexam | last post by:
I have .net C# application in which I am extracting data from word file and save it in database particularly. To store word all data as it is I am converting the whole word file firstly in HTML and then checking html paragraph one by one. At the time of converting from word file to html my equations which are in the word document file was convert...
by: TSSRALBI | last post by:
Hello I'm a network technician in training and I need your help. I am currently learning how to create and manage the different types of VPNs and I have a question about LAN-to-LAN VPNs. The last exercise I practiced was to create a LAN-to-LAN VPN between two Pfsense firewalls, by using IPSEC protocols. I succeeded, with both firewalls in...
by: adsilva | last post by:
A Windows Forms form does not have the event Unload, like VB6. What one acts like?
bsmnconsultancy
by: bsmnconsultancy | last post by:
In today's digital era, a well-designed website is crucial for businesses looking to succeed. Whether you're a small business owner or a large corporation in Toronto, having a strong online presence can significantly impact your brand's success. BSMN Consultancy, a leader in Website Development in Toronto offers valuable insights into creating...

By using Bytes.com and it's services, you agree to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

To disable or enable advertisements and analytics tracking please visit the manage ads & tracking page.