Oct 4 '07 #1
7 2353
jrtox
89 New Member
how could i get the user currently logged on the other computer.,
what do i need to get for it,.

wat is the a way for it.,
Hello,
I do made a Program that run on the network, my approached to your question is simple.

1. On my database i have a table for Login an the fields for instance are Username(datatype "text"), Password(datatype "text"), and Loged(datatype "yes/no").
2. the field "Loged" is to be checked when the USERLogged for that Particular username and password. and when [ANOTHER USER used the same username and password then a msgbox told that "another user has login with this account". the second user with the same username and password can't login because that particular account was used, in that way you can determined now that somebodu uses uses your account.
3. when the user has log-off the program then the field "Loged" now is to be unchecked.

Regards
Ervin
Oct 4 '07 #2
xxoulmate
77 New Member
without putting a records on the tables on access.,
how could it retrieve the user currently logged on other computer.,
Oct 5 '07 #3
jrtox
89 New Member
without putting a records on the tables on access.,
how could it retrieve the user currently logged on other computer.,
you can declare a global variable for every particular user.

Ervin
tnx
Oct 5 '07 #4
MikeTheBike
639 Recognized Expert Contributor
Hi

Does THIS Help

MTB
Oct 5 '07 #5
Ariharan
20 New Member
Just simple...

1.When a user is trying to login pls check the in database whether the username is available in Database.
2.If username is not available display a message "Invalid User" and go to step1
3.If username is available then check whether the Logged field of particular record is No
4.If the logged field of particular user is No You can proceed your work.
5.If the logged filed of that particular user is Yes display a message "Already Logged in..Try a different user " and goto step1

I hope this will work good...I need ur reply at s.ariharan@yahoo.co.in
Oct 5 '07 #6
Ariharan
20 New Member
For logoff just do this

When a user presses the logout button, search for the user in the database and make the Loged field to No
Oct 5 '07 #7
xxoulmate
77 New Member
I have read an article that it can retrieve the user currently logged on other computer.,
but the problem is the OS restrictions.,
it doesnt support the OS 98.,

it uses the api NetUserGetInfo()

this is the site of the article i have read.,
http://vbnet.mvps.org/index.html?code/network/netusergetinfo.htm

is there any api that can be used in OS 98 for to retrieve users info on other computers.,
Oct 8 '07 #8

Sign in to post your reply or Sign up for a free account.

Similar topics

by: Simon | last post by:
I'm doing a survey. When do you think GNU/Linux will be ready for the average Joe? What obstacles must it overcome first?
by: deko | last post by:
I use hyperlinks in a subform datasheet to display locally saved documents that are associated with individual database entries. A customer entry may have a list of invoices in pdf format, for...
by: Aarti | last post by:
I have written a windows service that needs to perform certain functions only if a User is logged in. The problem I am running into is that I get an error if the computer is in the process of being...
by: jsale | last post by:
I'm currently using ASP.NET with VS2003 and SQL Server 2003. The ASP.NET app i have made is running on IIS v6 and consists of a number of pages that allow the user to read information from the...
by: Derek Martin | last post by:
Using VB.Net, I would like to retrieve the currently logged in user's DN from Active Directory. Alternatively, if, using WindowsIdentity, or something similar, I would like to get the user's full...
by: Rocky | last post by:
Hi, I have a webform, with 2 textboxs and a submit button. In the text box1, i enter a username and in textbox2 I enter the computer name. Both the username and computer name is in active...
ADezii
by: ADezii | last post by:
For this Tip, we will show you an extremely handy, multi-user, feature of Jet that allows you to manage Users more effectively. You can create a special, provider-specific Recordset in ADO that...
by: gihope | last post by:
Hi, can anyone advise me how I can access the UserName of a currently logged in user without using the LoginName control. For instance I want to search tables I have created in my database that I...
xxoulmate
by: xxoulmate | last post by:
what are the Other way to retrieve the user of computer over the network, except of putting it on the database. i am using OS 98., what im getting is just only the user currently logged on the...
by: Hystou | last post by:
There are some requirements for setting up RAID: 1. The motherboard and BIOS support RAID configuration. 2. The motherboard has 2 or more available SATA protocol SSD/HDD slots (including MSATA, M.2...
marktang
by: marktang | last post by:
ONU (Optical Network Unit) is one of the key components for providing high-speed Internet services. Its primary function is to act as an endpoint device located at the user's premises. However,...
Most computers default to English, but sometimes we require a different language, especially when relocating. Forgot to request a specific language before your computer shipped? No problem! You can...
jinu1996
by: jinu1996 | last post by:
In today's digital age, having a compelling online presence is paramount for businesses aiming to thrive in a competitive landscape. At the heart of this digital strategy lies an intricately woven...
Overview: Windows 11 and 10 have less user interface control over operating system update behaviour than previous versions of Windows. In Windows 11 and 10, there is no way to turn off the Windows...
isladogs
by: isladogs | last post by:
The next Access Europe User Group meeting will be on Wednesday 1 May 2024 starting at 18:00 UK time (6PM UTC+1) and finishing by 19:30 (7.30PM). In this session, we are pleased to welcome a new...
by: conductexam | last post by:
I have .net C# application in which I am extracting data from word file and save it in database particularly. To store word all data as it is I am converting the whole word file firstly in HTML and...
by: adsilva | last post by:
A Windows Forms form does not have the event Unload, like VB6. What one acts like?
by: 6302768590 | last post by:
Hai team i want code for transfer the data from one system to another through IP address by using C# our system has to for every 5mins then we have to update the data what the data is updated ...

By using Bytes.com and it's services, you agree to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

To disable or enable advertisements and analytics tracking please visit the manage ads & tracking page.