473,544 Members | 1,733 Online
Bytes | Software Development & Data Engineering Community
+ Post

Home Posts Topics Members FAQ

Open Word doc on click of a button

12 New Member
hi..
i want to open a word document on click of the button(Java Script).
i tried with creating a ActiveXObject(" Word.Applicatio n").

Its giving an error like.Remote Object can create Object.

Any help wil be appreciated,

Thanks
vinni
Oct 8 '07 #1
1 1848
iam_clint
1,208 Recognized Expert Top Contributor
http://labnol.blogspot.com/2006/05/o...plication.html
Try this link... We don't help alot with activex in javascript much here because thats browser specific to Internet Explorer.
Oct 8 '07 #2

Sign in to post your reply or Sign up for a free account.

Similar topics

by: monika | last post by:
Hi all... I am able to select a student's story and open it in a word doc. the teacher then corrects the story, highlight in colors the comments, strikethrough. In fact all the privileges I wanted as an editor can be achieved. This word doc gets opened in a new window ... the best part now I have 2 buttons on a page. One which would open...
by: VP | last post by:
Hi, I am trying to open an existing word document, the execution happens with no error but Word does not come up and my document does not open. This is the code I am using.. Microsoft.Office.Interop.Word.ApplicationClass WordApp = new Microsoft.Office.Interop.Word.ApplicationClass();
by: Andrew | last post by:
I'm adding this as it to me a while to figure out all the pieces to be able to do this without using Microsoft.Office.Interop which caused me problems on the web-server. Streaming is the easy part, but I couldn't initially work out how to manipulate the page setup to change page margins and orientation, that's why I was looking at...
by: fab | last post by:
Hi, I'm developping a web-application on an intranet. I've got a datagrid with a button on each line. Each line represents a document (MS Word doc). These documents are on a share so that they can be saved directly on the file server. When i click on this button, it opens another windows with the word document linked to the line. But...
by: dougmeece | last post by:
Good Morning Experts, I was trying to find a way to automatically open a report in MS Word when I click on a command button. I was not able to find a way to do that. I was able to open the report in Access and then I can send it to Word. I also was able to save the file as a .rft or .txt file and then go to Word and open it. Is there a...
by: Hystou | last post by:
Most computers default to English, but sometimes we require a different language, especially when relocating. Forgot to request a specific language before your computer shipped? No problem! You can effortlessly switch the default language on Windows 10 without reinstalling. I'll walk you through it. First, let's disable language...
Oralloy
by: Oralloy | last post by:
Hello folks, I am unable to find appropriate documentation on the type promotion of bit-fields when using the generalised comparison operator "<=>". The problem is that using the GNU compilers, it seems that the internal comparison operator "<=>" tries to promote arguments from unsigned to signed. This is as boiled down as I can make it. ...
by: Hystou | last post by:
Overview: Windows 11 and 10 have less user interface control over operating system update behaviour than previous versions of Windows. In Windows 11 and 10, there is no way to turn off the Windows Update option using the Control Panel or Settings app; it automatically checks for updates and installs any it finds, whether you like it or not. For...
tracyyun
by: tracyyun | last post by:
Dear forum friends, With the development of smart home technology, a variety of wireless communication protocols have appeared on the market, such as Zigbee, Z-Wave, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, etc. Each protocol has its own unique characteristics and advantages, but as a user who is planning to build a smart home system, I am a bit confused by the...
isladogs
by: isladogs | last post by:
The next Access Europe User Group meeting will be on Wednesday 1 May 2024 starting at 18:00 UK time (6PM UTC+1) and finishing by 19:30 (7.30PM). In this session, we are pleased to welcome a new presenter, Adolph Dupré who will be discussing some powerful techniques for using class modules. He will explain when you may want to use classes...
by: conductexam | last post by:
I have .net C# application in which I am extracting data from word file and save it in database particularly. To store word all data as it is I am converting the whole word file firstly in HTML and then checking html paragraph one by one. At the time of converting from word file to html my equations which are in the word document file was convert...
by: TSSRALBI | last post by:
Hello I'm a network technician in training and I need your help. I am currently learning how to create and manage the different types of VPNs and I have a question about LAN-to-LAN VPNs. The last exercise I practiced was to create a LAN-to-LAN VPN between two Pfsense firewalls, by using IPSEC protocols. I succeeded, with both firewalls in...
by: adsilva | last post by:
A Windows Forms form does not have the event Unload, like VB6. What one acts like?
bsmnconsultancy
by: bsmnconsultancy | last post by:
In today's digital era, a well-designed website is crucial for businesses looking to succeed. Whether you're a small business owner or a large corporation in Toronto, having a strong online presence can significantly impact your brand's success. BSMN Consultancy, a leader in Website Development in Toronto offers valuable insights into creating...

By using Bytes.com and it's services, you agree to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

To disable or enable advertisements and analytics tracking please visit the manage ads & tracking page.