473,399 Members | 4,177 Online
Bytes | Software Development & Data Engineering Community
Post Job

Home Posts Topics Members FAQ

Join Bytes to post your question to a community of 473,399 software developers and data experts.

Same menu items on ToolStripDropDown and ContextMenuStrip

I've been searing the Internet and get many many hits but never the answer
to what I'm looking for.

I want the same menu items (File, Edit, Preferences) and their sub-items
(Open, Save; Cut, Paste...) to appear on the MainMenuStrip and the
ContextMenuStrip .

1) Is that possible with out maintaining the items on both strips?

2)If so I do I have to move them to the opening strip as it opens and leave
them there. Or put them back when that strip closes.

3)I could really use some sample code showing the shifting of items back and
forth. Do you know of any? Even a small very simple example would help.
Thanks
Nov 7 '07 #1
2 3572
You need create menu items and add them to MainMenuStrip and the
ContextMenuStrip.
If You need example - please write me.

=
http://www.alvas.net - Audio tools for C# and VB.Net developers
"Academia" <ac************@a-znet.comÓÏÏÂÝÉÌ/ÓÏÏÂÝÉÌÁ × ÎÏ×ÏÓÔÑÈ
ÓÌÅÄÕÀÝÅÅ: news:eL**************@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
to what I'm looking for.

ContextMenuStrip .

2)If so I do I have to move them to the opening strip as it opens and
leave them there. Or put them back when that strip closes.

3)I could really use some sample code showing the shifting of items back
and forth. Do you know of any? Even a small very simple example would
help.
Thanks

Nov 7 '07 #2
Please see http://www.thescripts.com/forum/thread733546.html

http://www.alvas.net - Audio tools for C# and VB.Net developers
"Academia" <ac************@a-znet.comÓÏÏÂÝÉÌ/ÓÏÏÂÝÉÌÁ × ÎÏ×ÏÓÔÑÈ
ÓÌÅÄÕÀÝÅÅ: news:eL**************@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
to what I'm looking for.

ContextMenuStrip .

2)If so I do I have to move them to the opening strip as it opens and
leave them there. Or put them back when that strip closes.

3)I could really use some sample code showing the shifting of items back
and forth. Do you know of any? Even a small very simple example would
help.
Thanks

Nov 7 '07 #3

This thread has been closed and replies have been disabled. Please start a new discussion.

Similar topics

by: L.M | last post by:
Hello, Using VS C# express beta. 2 control on one form (treeview and RTXbox) 2 Contextmenustrip defined and filled Each one associated to the control. The Treeview one is working and appear....
by: Mike Eaton | last post by:
Hi there, I have an app whose structure is as follows: a module calls a custom application context containing a notify icon and associated context menu, which in turn acts upon an instance of...
by: Alan T | last post by:
I would like to attach a popup menu to my treeview. The popup menu has 3 menu items. However, I would like to add submenuitems to the 3 menu items at runtime. How do I do that? At the moment I...
by: Michael.Suarez | last post by:
I have 1 contextmenu with several buttons. two different listviews sit beside each other on the same form. Both use the same context menu. I have a method for when a menu item gets clicked: ...
by: Ron M. Newman | last post by:
Hi: I have a treeview The treeview has a node the node has a contextMenuStrip The contextMenuStrip.Items has a few items. Goal: I want one of those items to have a submenu. Is this...
by: Brett Romero | last post by:
I have a simple test app with one form, one datagridview, and a contextmenustrip. I've assigned the menustrip to the datagridview and given the grid one column. There isn't any data in the grid. ...
by: Aneesh Pulukkul [http://dotnet-revolutions.blogspo | last post by:
I have a requirement- need to display RTF content in context menu. I am able to host a rich textbox in a contextmenu strip using ToolStripControlHost class. But assigning some RTF content to the...
by: PetterL | last post by:
I writing a program where I read menu items from a file. But I have problem when I click an menu item i want it to mark that one as checked but I cant access the menu object of that item to see...
by: Adam Clauss | last post by:
I have a ListView (in 'details' view) to which I added a ContextMenuStrip (using the designer). This is all good, except that the context menu also appears when I right click a column header - I...
by: Charles Arthur | last post by:
How do i turn on java script on a villaon, callus and itel keypad mobile phone
by: nemocccc | last post by:
hello, everyone, I want to develop a software for my android phone for daily needs, any suggestions?
by: Hystou | last post by:
There are some requirements for setting up RAID: 1. The motherboard and BIOS support RAID configuration. 2. The motherboard has 2 or more available SATA protocol SSD/HDD slots (including MSATA, M.2...
by: Hystou | last post by:
Most computers default to English, but sometimes we require a different language, especially when relocating. Forgot to request a specific language before your computer shipped? No problem! You can...
Oralloy
by: Oralloy | last post by:
Hello folks, I am unable to find appropriate documentation on the type promotion of bit-fields when using the generalised comparison operator "<=>". The problem is that using the GNU compilers,...
jinu1996
by: jinu1996 | last post by:
In today's digital age, having a compelling online presence is paramount for businesses aiming to thrive in a competitive landscape. At the heart of this digital strategy lies an intricately woven...
tracyyun
by: tracyyun | last post by:
Dear forum friends, With the development of smart home technology, a variety of wireless communication protocols have appeared on the market, such as Zigbee, Z-Wave, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, etc. Each...
agi2029
by: agi2029 | last post by:
Let's talk about the concept of autonomous AI software engineers and no-code agents. These AIs are designed to manage the entire lifecycle of a software development project—planning, coding, testing,...
isladogs
by: isladogs | last post by:
The next Access Europe User Group meeting will be on Wednesday 1 May 2024 starting at 18:00 UK time (6PM UTC+1) and finishing by 19:30 (7.30PM). In this session, we are pleased to welcome a new...

By using Bytes.com and it's services, you agree to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

To disable or enable advertisements and analytics tracking please visit the manage ads & tracking page.