Bytes | Software Development & Data Engineering Community
+ Post

Home Posts Topics Members FAQ

MySQL and Relationships

I was told that it is easy to create a table in MYSQL but it is hard
to create a table with relationship like in Oracle or SQL Server by
using Relationship or Query by Design or whatever wysiwyg tools. It
has to be done by SQL query. Is there a better way to do that in
MySQL? I would appreciate any suggestions.
Jul 19 '05 #1
2 3958
Hi - would this be of help to you ?
---
Hi!

InnoDB is a MySQL table type which provides transactions, foreign key
constraints, and a non-free hot backup tool.

InnoDB is included in MySQL-Max-3.23 downloads, and in all downloads of
MySQL-4.0 and MySQL-4.1.

Release 3.23.58 is a bugfix release of the 'old' stable 3.23 branch. For
production use, MySQL-4.0 is now the recommended version.

The full InnoDB changelog of 3.23.58:

* Fixed a bug: InnoDB could make the index page directory corrupt in the
first B-tree page splits after mysqld startup. A symptom would be an
assertion in page0page.c, in function page_dir_find_s lot().

* Fixed a bug: InnoDB could in rare cases return an extraneous row if a
rollback, purge, and a SELECT coincided.

* Fixed a possible hang over the btr0sea.c latch if SELECT was used inside
LOCK TABLES.

* Fixed a bug: if a single DELETE statement first managed to delete some
rows and then failed in a FOREIGN KEY error or a 'Table is full error',
MySQL did not roll back the whole SQL statement as it should.

Best regards,

Heikki Tuuri
Innobase Oy
http://www.innodb.com
---
William Sanders / Electronic Filing Group Remove the DOT BOB to reply via
email.
FREE LONG DISTANCE -> mailto:ex****** **@efgroup.net
mySql / VFP / MS-SQL
"Tarbuza Smith" <ta*****@yahoo. com> wrote in message
news:5b******** *************** ***@posting.goo gle.com...

Jul 19 '05 #2
Hi - would this be of help to you ?
---
Hi!

InnoDB is a MySQL table type which provides transactions, foreign key
constraints, and a non-free hot backup tool.

InnoDB is included in MySQL-Max-3.23 downloads, and in all downloads of
MySQL-4.0 and MySQL-4.1.

Release 3.23.58 is a bugfix release of the 'old' stable 3.23 branch. For
production use, MySQL-4.0 is now the recommended version.

The full InnoDB changelog of 3.23.58:

* Fixed a bug: InnoDB could make the index page directory corrupt in the
first B-tree page splits after mysqld startup. A symptom would be an
assertion in page0page.c, in function page_dir_find_s lot().

* Fixed a bug: InnoDB could in rare cases return an extraneous row if a
rollback, purge, and a SELECT coincided.

* Fixed a possible hang over the btr0sea.c latch if SELECT was used inside
LOCK TABLES.

* Fixed a bug: if a single DELETE statement first managed to delete some
rows and then failed in a FOREIGN KEY error or a 'Table is full error',
MySQL did not roll back the whole SQL statement as it should.

Best regards,

Heikki Tuuri
Innobase Oy
http://www.innodb.com
---
William Sanders / Electronic Filing Group Remove the DOT BOB to reply via
email.
FREE LONG DISTANCE -> mailto:ex****** **@efgroup.net
mySql / VFP / MS-SQL
"Tarbuza Smith" <ta*****@yahoo. com> wrote in message
news:5b******** *************** ***@posting.goo gle.com...

Jul 19 '05 #3

This thread has been closed and replies have been disabled. Please start a new discussion.

Similar topics

by: sandy | last post by:
Hi All, I am a newbie to MySQL and Python. At the first place, I would like to know what are the general performance issues (if any) of using MySQL with Python. By performance, I wanted to know how will the speed be, what is the memory overhead involved, etc during database specific operations (retrieval, update, insert, etc) when MySQL...
by: eli | last post by:
Hi, Can anyone explain me how to create relationships between tables in Mysql? For making some kind of functions like joins, it is indispensable to have relationships defined? Thanks in advanced.
by: jacob nikom | last post by:
I would like to create data model for a group of stores. All stores in this group are very similar to each other, so it is natural to allocate one MySQL database per store. Each database is going to have very similar set of tables with content related to a particular store. Let's suppose each store has multiple departments which are also...
by: Obi Wan Shinobi | last post by:
Hello to you all, I am a total newbie to MySQL other than entering data. What I would like to know is whether it is possible to create relational databases via MySQL. I would assume so considering its popularity. If possible, where would I begin? Can someone point me in the direction of some beginner tutorials? I can create non-related...
by: Chris | last post by:
Hi, I am currently designing a simple service orders database. I have played around with MySQL a bit but this is the first time I'm using it in anger, I have a few design queries to make sure I am implementing the database correctly. Currently I have a number of tables, the first being the package table (lists the different service names -...
by: Missaka Wijekoon | last post by:
Folks, I have 3 mysql replicated servers ( 1 master + 2 slaves). One thing I noticed is that every once in a while the data (*.MYD) and index (*.MYI) files for a table may differ from the other mysql servers. Now my question is this: If I have identical data files on each server (verified by using checksums), should the indexes...
by: Gregory.Spencer | last post by:
Hello there, I'm looking for a tool that does for MySQL Db's what Access does for Jet DB's. Therefore provides a nice gui to speedup certain tasks and produce entitiy relationship diagrams. Is there a market leader in this field? Do people have recommendations? I'm actually looking into using Visio for creating my diagrams but it
by: Smriti Dev | last post by:
Hi, I have a question regarding autonumbering . I'm using linked tables between msql and MS Access. Quite a few linked tables exist with relationships. The auto increment fields once linked loose thier autonumber property and come up as numbers. I have developed a form interface and when I press the next record the next number does not...
by: Smriti Dev | last post by:
Hi, I have a question regarding autonumbering . I'm using linked tables between msql and MS Access. Quite a few linked tables exist with relationships. The auto increment fields once linked loose thier autonumber property and come up as numbers. I have developed a form interface and when I press the next record the next number does not...
marktang
by: marktang | last post by:
ONU (Optical Network Unit) is one of the key components for providing high-speed Internet services. Its primary function is to act as an endpoint device located at the user's premises. However, people are often confused as to whether an ONU can Work As a Router. In this blog post, we’ll explore What is ONU, What Is Router, ONU & Router’s main...
by: Hystou | last post by:
Overview: Windows 11 and 10 have less user interface control over operating system update behaviour than previous versions of Windows. In Windows 11 and 10, there is no way to turn off the Windows Update option using the Control Panel or Settings app; it automatically checks for updates and installs any it finds, whether you like it or not. For...
tracyyun
by: tracyyun | last post by:
Dear forum friends, With the development of smart home technology, a variety of wireless communication protocols have appeared on the market, such as Zigbee, Z-Wave, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, etc. Each protocol has its own unique characteristics and advantages, but as a user who is planning to build a smart home system, I am a bit confused by the...
agi2029
by: agi2029 | last post by:
Let's talk about the concept of autonomous AI software engineers and no-code agents. These AIs are designed to manage the entire lifecycle of a software development project—planning, coding, testing, and deployment—without human intervention. Imagine an AI that can take a project description, break it down, write the code, debug it, and then...
by: conductexam | last post by:
I have .net C# application in which I am extracting data from word file and save it in database particularly. To store word all data as it is I am converting the whole word file firstly in HTML and then checking html paragraph one by one. At the time of converting from word file to html my equations which are in the word document file was convert...
by: adsilva | last post by:
A Windows Forms form does not have the event Unload, like VB6. What one acts like?
by: 6302768590 | last post by:
Hai team i want code for transfer the data from one system to another through IP address by using C# our system has to for every 5mins then we have to update the data what the data is updated we have to send another system
muto222
by: muto222 | last post by:
How can i add a mobile payment intergratation into php mysql website.
bsmnconsultancy
by: bsmnconsultancy | last post by:
In today's digital era, a well-designed website is crucial for businesses looking to succeed. Whether you're a small business owner or a large corporation in Toronto, having a strong online presence can significantly impact your brand's success. BSMN Consultancy, a leader in Website Development in Toronto offers valuable insights into creating...

By using Bytes.com and it's services, you agree to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

To disable or enable advertisements and analytics tracking please visit the manage ads & tracking page.