473,320 Members | 1,820 Online
Bytes | Software Development & Data Engineering Community
Post Job

Home Posts Topics Members FAQ

Join Bytes to post your question to a community of 473,320 software developers and data experts.

Setting up Oracle ODBC Link

NeoPa
32,556 Expert Mod 16PB
We have an OP over in the Access forum who might need some assistance setting up their Oracle links (Using ODBC in Access). Any help appreciated.
Mar 5 '08 #1
0 1399

Sign in to post your reply or Sign up for a free account.

Similar topics

by: jmev7 | last post by:
Any way to avoid having to manually enter my user name & password for the Oracle login box? I normally run a query on an attached Oracle table and have to enter the un/pw before the query will run....
by: PeteCresswell | last post by:
I'm doing this: --------------------------------------------------------- 5200 Case "Query" On Error Resume Next Set curQD = thisDB.QueryDefs(!ObjectName) curErr = Err On Error GoTo...
by: Alfonso Esteban Gonzalez Sencion | last post by:
I am trying to use Access as a front end for extracting information from an Oracle database. I started using linked tables but I am getting a very curious behaviour. When I consult the linked...
by: RLN | last post by:
I have a Microsoft Access2002 database that needs to connect to an Oracle Database. I need to map 2 tables from the Oracle DB to retrieve the proper data. I read somewhere (quite a while back)...
by: egoldthwait | last post by:
I need to convert a 17mb access 2000 db to Oracle and house it in a Citrix farm. The issue: we have never converted an Access Db to Oracle but can probably use Oracle's Workbench to assist with...
by: BillCo | last post by:
I've reached the limit of my knowledge here and I'm starting to go mad - any help would be greatfully recieved!!!! I'm having a strange problem with making pass through queries to an oracle db...
by: network-admin | last post by:
We have Problems with Access query on Oracle 10g Database with ODBC Connection. The Query_1 is such as select * from xtable where ycolumn <"S" Result = ODBC Faild...
by: pg36476 | last post by:
Has anybody managed to get the OS authentication to work with Microsoft ODBC driver for Oracle? I have link tables in MS Access database that are linked to an Oracle database. ODBC connection has...
by: Luting | last post by:
Hi, Is it possible to update oracle via Access forms? I am thinking maybe I could make a link table connnected with oracle database. And the form could be based on the link table. Does this...
by: DolphinDB | last post by:
The formulas of 101 quantitative trading alphas used by WorldQuant were presented in the paper 101 Formulaic Alphas. However, some formulas are complex, leading to challenges in calculation. Take...
by: DolphinDB | last post by:
Tired of spending countless mintues downsampling your data? Look no further! In this article, you’ll learn how to efficiently downsample 6.48 billion high-frequency records to 61 million...
isladogs
by: isladogs | last post by:
The next Access Europe meeting will be on Wednesday 6 Mar 2024 starting at 18:00 UK time (6PM UTC) and finishing at about 19:15 (7.15PM). In this month's session, we are pleased to welcome back...
by: Vimpel783 | last post by:
Hello! Guys, I found this code on the Internet, but I need to modify it a little. It works well, the problem is this: Data is sent from only one cell, in this case B5, but it is necessary that data...
by: jfyes | last post by:
As a hardware engineer, after seeing that CEIWEI recently released a new tool for Modbus RTU Over TCP/UDP filtering and monitoring, I actively went to its official website to take a look. It turned...
by: PapaRatzi | last post by:
Hello, I am teaching myself MS Access forms design and Visual Basic. I've created a table to capture a list of Top 30 singles and forms to capture new entries. The final step is a form (unbound)...
by: CloudSolutions | last post by:
Introduction: For many beginners and individual users, requiring a credit card and email registration may pose a barrier when starting to use cloud servers. However, some cloud server providers now...
by: Defcon1945 | last post by:
I'm trying to learn Python using Pycharm but import shutil doesn't work
by: af34tf | last post by:
Hi Guys, I have a domain whose name is BytesLimited.com, and I want to sell it. Does anyone know about platforms that allow me to list my domain in auction for free. Thank you

By using Bytes.com and it's services, you agree to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

To disable or enable advertisements and analytics tracking please visit the manage ads & tracking page.