473,440 Members | 1,921 Online
Bytes | Software Development & Data Engineering Community
Post Job

Home Posts Topics Members FAQ

Join Bytes to post your question to a community of 473,440 software developers and data experts.

LET's discuss AUTORUN !!!!

AmberJain
884 Expert 512MB
Hello EVERYONE,
I'm starting this thread so that anyone knowing anything about AUTORUNS in windows (and anything similar) could post it here. Well, I must say that "autorun" in particular is something which almost every computer user faces in his computer life either directly (e.g. computer technician or programmer) or indirectly (e.g. almost all computer users face this in the form of viruses which execute automatically on windows startup).

So anyone interested (even with least knowledge of autorun) is welcomed in this thread to post more about...........................what else can it be other than AUTORUNS.

~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_ ~_~_~_~_~_~

THANKS TO EVERYONE IN ADVANCE..............
Mar 22 '08 #1
6 1776
sukatoa
539 512MB
Hello EVERYONE,
I'm starting this thread so that anyone knowing anything about AUTORUNS in windows (and anything similar) could post it here. Well, I must say that "autorun" in particular is something which almost every computer user faces in his computer life either directly (e.g. computer technician or programmer) or indirectly (e.g. almost all computer users face this in the form of viruses which execute automatically on windows startup).

So anyone interested (even with least knowledge of autorun) is welcomed in this thread to post more about...........................what else can it be other than AUTORUNS.

~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_ ~_~_~_~_~_~

THANKS TO EVERYONE IN ADVANCE..............
I would like to add autorun to my flash drive...

because my flashdrive have been attack by virus....

@ rightclick, the Open, Explore and Search are been changed to weird characters...

I know how to fix them, but only in Disk Checker Softwares...

I would like to know if it possible to embed autorun to my flash drive so that when i double click it, it will directly go to the Root directory of my flashdrive...

Waiting for your reply bro...
Mar 22 '08 #2
AmberJain
884 Expert 512MB
I would like to add autorun to my flash drive...

because my flashdrive have been attack by virus....

@ rightclick, the Open, Explore and Search are been changed to weird characters...

I know how to fix them, but only in Disk Checker Softwares...

I would like to know if it possible to embed autorun to my flash drive so that when i double click it, it will directly go to the Root directory of my flashdrive...

Waiting for your reply bro...
HELLO AGAIN,
Let me tell you first that the virus which is causing this trouble creates an [autorun.inf] file on all kinds of storage devices i.e. autorun.inf is executed everytime (which executes the virus) and it causes all the options as Open, Explore and Search are been changed to weird characters... So I advice you that first copy (BACKUP) all the data from your Flash drive (if you can't access your pendrive at all to backup data, do tell me. I will then tell you some other way to access data on it)and then search for the file [autorun.inf] in all root drives (e.g. C:\,D:\ etc) including your Flash drive and delete them.
If his doesnot helps, try formatting the Flash drive once.

__________________________________________________ _______________
If still you wanna add autorun to your Flash drive check out the link below--->

LINK

You can also make AUTORUN file for flash drive using a freeware called "autorun.inf maker". Check out it's link below-------->

Autorun.inf Maker

HOPE THIS HELPS..........
Mar 22 '08 #3
sukatoa
539 512MB
HELLO AGAIN,
Let me tell you first that the virus which is causing this trouble creates an [autorun.inf] file on all kinds of storage devices i.e. autorun.inf is executed everytime (which executes the virus) and it causes all the options as Open, Explore and Search are been changed to weird characters... So I advice you that first copy (BACKUP) all the data from your Flash drive (if you can't access your pendrive at all to backup data, do tell me. I will then tell you some other way to access data on it)and then search for the file [autorun.inf] in all root drives (e.g. C:\,D:\ etc) including your Flash drive and delete them.
If his doesnot helps, try formatting the Flash drive once.

If still you wanna add autorun to your Flash drive check out the link below--->

LINK

You can also make AUTORUN file for flash drive using a freeware called "autorun.inf maker". Check out it's link below-------->

Autorun.inf Maker

HOPE THIS HELPS..........
Thanks for the link bro. it really helps....

sukatoa.
Mar 23 '08 #4
AmberJain
884 Expert 512MB
Thanks for the link bro. it really helps....

sukatoa.
I provided two links in my reply. Which one of them helped and how it helped (if you can explain this part it would be really nice)?
^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~ ^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^
Mar 23 '08 #5
sukatoa
539 512MB
I provided two links in my reply. Which one of them helped and how it helped (if you can explain this part it would be really nice)?
^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~ ^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^
Actually, i have not try it yet, but i understand the first link....

it can be customizable like what icon wil i like to use, changing the default Action and etc.... This helps... But, i can't explain....

As of now, im currently developing a program, maybe next week i will try it, and i will post my doubts here in this thread... If i got it without any error, i will share it here how to do it....

You bro, can you post the way to do it here?!!
I saw replies there, but, it seems not familiar to me as of now...

In link 2, VB Runtime is required...

sukatoa...
Mar 23 '08 #6
AmberJain
884 Expert 512MB
Sorry for the late reply.I was really busy with my exams! BUT now I'm free (24 X 7).
Now, I expect that your problem is solved as I'm posting after probably a month since your last post. If it's still unsolved, then tell me. I will try my best to help you.
And by the way, what do you mean by following(I cannot understand it)-------->

You bro, can you post the way to do it here?!!
I saw replies there, but, it seems not familiar to me as of now...
sukatoa...

======================
=====AmbrNewlearner=====
======================
May 19 '08 #7

Sign in to post your reply or Sign up for a free account.

By using Bytes.com and it's services, you agree to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

To disable or enable advertisements and analytics tracking please visit the manage ads & tracking page.