473,409 Members | 1,970 Online
Bytes | Software Development & Data Engineering Community
Post Job

Home Posts Topics Members FAQ

Join Bytes to post your question to a community of 473,409 software developers and data experts.

DTS Package Owner

Hello there,

Im trying to change the owership of the DTS package but am a little
confused.

sp_changeobjectowner changes the ownership of table, view, or stored
procedure in the current database...

How could i change the DTS package ownership?

Thank you in advance.

Leo

*** Sent via Developersdex http://www.developersdex.com ***
Don't just participate in USENET...get rewarded for it!
Jul 20 '05 #1
2 20890
Leo Kozhushnik <an*******@devdex.com> wrote in message news:<3f*********************@news.frii.net>...
Hello there,

confused.

Thank you in advance.

Leo

In most cases, it doesn't really matter who owns the package - who is
executing it is more important. However, there is an undocumented
stored procedure called msdb..sp_reassign_dtspackageowner, which you
can use.

You might want to look at http://www.sqldts.com - in the
Administration and Management section of the FAQ, there is an article
on package ownership issues, including a wrapper procedure for
sp_reassign_dtspackageowner.

Of course, since this procedure is undocumented, you should be careful
using it, and preferably never in production code - its behaviour may
change in future releases with no warning.

Simon
Jul 20 '05 #2
Leo Kozhushnik <an*******@devdex.com> wrote in message news:<3f*********************@news.frii.net>...
Hello there,

confused.

Thank you in advance.

Leo

*** Sent via Developersdex http://www.developersdex.com ***
Don't just participate in USENET...get rewarded for it!

Hi Leo, use the undocumented SP:
sp_reassign_dtspackageowner [@name =] 'name',
[@id =] 'id',
[@newloginname =] 'newloginname'
[@name =] 'name'
The package name.

[@id =] 'id'
This is the uniqueidentifier for the package. A name may not
necessarily be unique.

[@newloginname =] 'newloginname'
The new Owner name. SQL Server login example 'sa', NT Integrated
example 'Domain\Username'
Regards,
Thomas
http://www.sqlscripter.com
Jul 20 '05 #3

This thread has been closed and replies have been disabled. Please start a new discussion.

Similar topics

by: Gerry Laenen | last post by:
Hi, I first created several ActiveX DLL's which interact with each other, an SQL Server database, ... Some Active DLL's use different references: i.e. one that does not interact with a database,...
by: ano1optimist | last post by:
I've tried several different possibilities but don't have enough basic understanding of the ownerships and permissions that are involved so I'm looking for someone to explain what is required: I...
by: Robbie | last post by:
Hi Guys Wonder if you could help me. Basically I produce an accounts package that uses a SQL 2000 DB as the RDBMS. I always instruct users to login as 'sa' and the relevant password when...
by: Jim Andersen | last post by:
Hi, I made a DTS-package and it works when I execute it manually, but when it is run by the SQL Server Agent, it fails. I have use the guide to create a maintenance plan. That doesn't work so...
by: robin via SQLMonster.com | last post by:
I've tried several different way to execute a oracle stored procedure from a DTS package but to no avail. I have a Linked Server setup which does bring back Oracle tables from the server when I...
by: Birahim FALL | last post by:
Hi, I was an oracle dev/admin and I'm quite new to postgresql. Postgresql is great, but something bothers me. It seems that there's no concept of PACKAGE in PL/pgSQL as in Oracle PL/SQL. Is is...
by: mike | last post by:
At this site, they use DB2 8.2.2 on LUW , and have thousands of DARI style stored procedures ('c', embedded-static SQL). During PREP and BIND they specify the package-owner with the OWNER...
by: ansonee | last post by:
I am encountering a weird issue with SSIS. I have a very simple SSIS package that executes a .bat file. Here's the actual file it executes: @Echo Off c: F: cd ReportingServicesScripts
by: mplpost | last post by:
Our web application requires that when a new Organization is created,a separate Database is to be created for the corresponding organization, so that each organization remains a separate entity...
by: emmanuelkatto | last post by:
Hi All, I am Emmanuel katto from Uganda. I want to ask what challenges you've faced while migrating a website to cloud. Please let me know. Thanks! Emmanuel
by: Sonnysonu | last post by:
This is the data of csv file 1 2 3 1 2 3 1 2 3 1 2 3 2 3 2 3 3 the lengths should be different i have to store the data by column-wise with in the specific length. suppose the i have to...
by: Hystou | last post by:
There are some requirements for setting up RAID: 1. The motherboard and BIOS support RAID configuration. 2. The motherboard has 2 or more available SATA protocol SSD/HDD slots (including MSATA, M.2...
by: Hystou | last post by:
Most computers default to English, but sometimes we require a different language, especially when relocating. Forgot to request a specific language before your computer shipped? No problem! You can...
Oralloy
by: Oralloy | last post by:
Hello folks, I am unable to find appropriate documentation on the type promotion of bit-fields when using the generalised comparison operator "<=>". The problem is that using the GNU compilers,...
jinu1996
by: jinu1996 | last post by:
In today's digital age, having a compelling online presence is paramount for businesses aiming to thrive in a competitive landscape. At the heart of this digital strategy lies an intricately woven...
tracyyun
by: tracyyun | last post by:
Dear forum friends, With the development of smart home technology, a variety of wireless communication protocols have appeared on the market, such as Zigbee, Z-Wave, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, etc. Each...
agi2029
by: agi2029 | last post by:
Let's talk about the concept of autonomous AI software engineers and no-code agents. These AIs are designed to manage the entire lifecycle of a software development project—planning, coding, testing,...
by: conductexam | last post by:
I have .net C# application in which I am extracting data from word file and save it in database particularly. To store word all data as it is I am converting the whole word file firstly in HTML and...

By using Bytes.com and it's services, you agree to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

To disable or enable advertisements and analytics tracking please visit the manage ads & tracking page.