473,324 Members | 2,166 Online
Bytes | Software Development & Data Engineering Community
Post Job

Home Posts Topics Members FAQ

Join Bytes to post your question to a community of 473,324 software developers and data experts.

Copy column of data into another column in the same table

I have a column of digits I'd like to copy into another column in the
same table. How would I do this?

Thanks,

Bill
Jul 20 '05 #1
1 68305
On 18 Jul 2003 11:06:33 -0700 in comp.databases.ms-sqlserver,
bi***********@gospellight.com (Bill) wrote:
I have a column of digits I'd like to copy into another column in the
same table. How would I do this?

update table set column1 = column2
--
Ride Free (but you still have to pay for the petrol)

(replace sithlord with trevor for email)
Jul 20 '05 #2

This thread has been closed and replies have been disabled. Please start a new discussion.

Similar topics

by: jcwhui | last post by:
Hello all, Yes, it is another Oracle 8.0 question. We are just too small to force our customer to migrate to newer Oracle. My problem is I need to copy the value of the long column in table A...
by: sbh | last post by:
I need to copy data from a table on one Oracle server to another. Scenario: Need to create a stored procedure in server a, database aa that will copy data from server b, database bb, table bbb to...
by: Alex | last post by:
I have a "source" table that is being populated by a DTS bulk import of a text file. I need to scrub the source table after the import step by running appropriate stored proc(s) to copy the source...
by: Peter CCH | last post by:
Let's say, I have Table1 and Table2, both with the exactly same structure and data in it, except that Table1.Field1 is empty in data but Table2.Field1 have data in it. How could I copy all the...
by: Fan Ruo Xin | last post by:
I try to copy a table from production system (DB2 UDB EEE V7.2 + fixpak5) to the testing system (DB2 UDB V8.1 + fixpak4a). I moved the data from productions system by using the following steps:...
by: Melissa Kay Beeline | last post by:
This is driving me crazy!! I'm using MSACCESS, and all I want to do is create a macro/query/anything that will take the data in Column A and copy it into Column B (same table) "Insert into"...
by: imtmub | last post by:
Hi, I have two tables in that one table contain name id, name, categary etc., and other table contains name id, name but not categary. now i want to copy the categary column another table. One...
by: Manuel | last post by:
Hi to all, I'm trying to copy a Datacolumn from a table to another, but with this code: destTable.Columns.Add(srcTable.Column); I got this error: Column 'colname' already belongs to another...
by: Taxman | last post by:
Windows XP, MS Office Excel 2003 If the tasks, I’m trying accomplish have been addressed previously (separately or in combination). Please, provide the links or keyword search to find them. I’ve...
by: ryjfgjl | last post by:
ExcelToDatabase: batch import excel into database automatically...
isladogs
by: isladogs | last post by:
The next Access Europe meeting will be on Wednesday 6 Mar 2024 starting at 18:00 UK time (6PM UTC) and finishing at about 19:15 (7.15PM). In this month's session, we are pleased to welcome back...
by: jfyes | last post by:
As a hardware engineer, after seeing that CEIWEI recently released a new tool for Modbus RTU Over TCP/UDP filtering and monitoring, I actively went to its official website to take a look. It turned...
by: ArrayDB | last post by:
The error message I've encountered is; ERROR:root:Error generating model response: exception: access violation writing 0x0000000000005140, which seems to be indicative of an access violation...
by: Defcon1945 | last post by:
I'm trying to learn Python using Pycharm but import shutil doesn't work
by: Shællîpôpï 09 | last post by:
If u are using a keypad phone, how do u turn on JavaScript, to access features like WhatsApp, Facebook, Instagram....
by: af34tf | last post by:
Hi Guys, I have a domain whose name is BytesLimited.com, and I want to sell it. Does anyone know about platforms that allow me to list my domain in auction for free. Thank you
by: Faith0G | last post by:
I am starting a new it consulting business and it's been a while since I setup a new website. Is wordpress still the best web based software for hosting a 5 page website? The webpages will be...
isladogs
by: isladogs | last post by:
The next Access Europe User Group meeting will be on Wednesday 3 Apr 2024 starting at 18:00 UK time (6PM UTC+1) and finishing by 19:30 (7.30PM). In this session, we are pleased to welcome former...

By using Bytes.com and it's services, you agree to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

To disable or enable advertisements and analytics tracking please visit the manage ads & tracking page.