473,320 Members | 1,926 Online
Bytes | Software Development & Data Engineering Community
Post Job

Home Posts Topics Members FAQ

Join Bytes to post your question to a community of 473,320 software developers and data experts.

Converting milliseconds to Days, Hours, Minutes, Seconds

I need a routine to convert milliseconds to
a traditional dd:hh:mm:ss or four separate
variables that I can display.

I am not wanting to display a date but rather
the interval between two times.

Thanks,

Deepa :-)
Jul 20 '05 #1
2 54749
Deepa wrote on 05 dec 2003 in comp.lang.javascript:

<script>

function two(x) {return ((x>9)?"":"0")+x}
function three(x) {return ((x>99)?"":"0")+((x>9)?"":"0")+x}

function time(ms) {
var sec = Math.floor(ms/1000)
ms = ms % 1000
t = three(ms)

var min = Math.floor(sec/60)
sec = sec % 60
t = two(sec) + ":" + t

var hr = Math.floor(min/60)
min = min % 60
t = two(min) + ":" + t

var day = Math.floor(hr/60)
hr = hr % 60
t = two(hr) + ":" + t
t = day + ":" + t

return t
}

document.write(time(12034056070))
</script>
--
Evertjan.
The Netherlands.
(Please change the x'es to dots in my emailaddress)
Jul 20 '05 #2
Thanks!
"Evertjan." <ex**************@interxnl.net> wrote in message
news:Xn*******************@194.109.133.29...
Deepa wrote on 05 dec 2003 in comp.lang.javascript:

<script>

function two(x) {return ((x>9)?"":"0")+x}
function three(x) {return ((x>99)?"":"0")+((x>9)?"":"0")+x}

function time(ms) {
var sec = Math.floor(ms/1000)
ms = ms % 1000
t = three(ms)

var min = Math.floor(sec/60)
sec = sec % 60
t = two(sec) + ":" + t

var hr = Math.floor(min/60)
min = min % 60
t = two(min) + ":" + t

var day = Math.floor(hr/60)
hr = hr % 60
t = two(hr) + ":" + t
t = day + ":" + t

return t
}

document.write(time(12034056070))
</script>
--
Evertjan.
The Netherlands.
(Please change the x'es to dots in my emailaddress)

Jul 20 '05 #3

This thread has been closed and replies have been disabled. Please start a new discussion.

Similar topics

by: Pravesh | last post by:
Hi: is there a way to get current system time in milliseconds... which functions and headers?? thanks pravesh
by: Stu | last post by:
Is there a simple function call within "C" that I can use to convert number of seconds (keep in mind this may be a type longlong and has to work on UNIX and NT) into Days, months, Hours, Minutes...
by: J M | last post by:
I rebooted a network device just few minutes ago and getting device-up-time value 3191. How do I convert a time elapsed in days hours minutes and seconds for above value? Example: This device...
by: Ricardo Perez Lopez | last post by:
Hello everyone: I'm a PostgreSQL newbie, working now with dates, times, timestamps and intervals. I have three questions about the above: FIRST: --------
by: Harlin Seritt | last post by:
I would like to take milliseconds and convert it to a more human-readable format like: 4 days 20 hours 10 minutes 35 seconds Is there something in the time module that can do this? I havent...
by: Harlin Seritt | last post by:
How can I take a time given in milliseconds (I am doing this for an uptime script) and convert it to human-friendly time i.e. "4 days, 2 hours, 25 minutes, 10 seonds."? Is there a function from the...
by: maywj1 | last post by:
I looking for some help in completing the code below for use within an access app. I currently attach my database to an application which stores a swimmer's time. The problem I'm having is that...
by: Mark | last post by:
I'd like to compare two datetime values in milliseconds. The datetime.compare method appears to show only seconds. Milliseconds of a datetime are available as a property of each datetime, but I...
by: Deniz Dogan | last post by:
Hello. I need help with a small problem I'm having. I want to make a function which takes an integer representing some time in milliseconds and returns the same time but formatted as...
by: DolphinDB | last post by:
The formulas of 101 quantitative trading alphas used by WorldQuant were presented in the paper 101 Formulaic Alphas. However, some formulas are complex, leading to challenges in calculation. Take...
isladogs
by: isladogs | last post by:
The next Access Europe meeting will be on Wednesday 6 Mar 2024 starting at 18:00 UK time (6PM UTC) and finishing at about 19:15 (7.15PM). In this month's session, we are pleased to welcome back...
isladogs
by: isladogs | last post by:
The next Access Europe meeting will be on Wednesday 6 Mar 2024 starting at 18:00 UK time (6PM UTC) and finishing at about 19:15 (7.15PM). In this month's session, we are pleased to welcome back...
by: Vimpel783 | last post by:
Hello! Guys, I found this code on the Internet, but I need to modify it a little. It works well, the problem is this: Data is sent from only one cell, in this case B5, but it is necessary that data...
by: jfyes | last post by:
As a hardware engineer, after seeing that CEIWEI recently released a new tool for Modbus RTU Over TCP/UDP filtering and monitoring, I actively went to its official website to take a look. It turned...
by: ArrayDB | last post by:
The error message I've encountered is; ERROR:root:Error generating model response: exception: access violation writing 0x0000000000005140, which seems to be indicative of an access violation...
by: PapaRatzi | last post by:
Hello, I am teaching myself MS Access forms design and Visual Basic. I've created a table to capture a list of Top 30 singles and forms to capture new entries. The final step is a form (unbound)...
by: Defcon1945 | last post by:
I'm trying to learn Python using Pycharm but import shutil doesn't work
by: Shællîpôpï 09 | last post by:
If u are using a keypad phone, how do u turn on JavaScript, to access features like WhatsApp, Facebook, Instagram....

By using Bytes.com and it's services, you agree to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

To disable or enable advertisements and analytics tracking please visit the manage ads & tracking page.