473,467 Members | 2,063 Online
Bytes | Software Development & Data Engineering Community
Create Post

Home Posts Topics Members FAQ

Java Audio (urgent)

14 New Member
Hi everyone...
I have to do a project work related on online audio system in Java...I have done the server-client prog(socket prog) n playing audio files..But how to stream my audio file from one PC to other using Java(using socket programming)

So i wanted to know whether it's possible?How?We have not been taught JMf..So still any hope..

Please help i hav 2 submit this within 15 days..
Apr 2 '07 #1
1 1796
JosAH
11,448 Recognized Expert MVP
Hi everyone...
I have to do a project work related on online audio system in Java...I have done the server-client prog(socket prog) n playing audio files..But how to stream my audio file from one PC to other using Java(using socket programming)

So i wanted to know whether it's possible?How?We have not been taught JMf..So still any hope..

Please help i hav 2 submit this within 15 days..
The basics are fairly easy: on the server sider create a ServerSocket (using a port)
and make it accept() a client. The accept() call only returns when a client tries
to connect to the server. Given the Socket returned, get its InputStream and
start reading away ...

On the client side create an ordinary Socket and bind it to the server address
and port (see above). Once connected user the Socket to get an OutputStream
and start writing away ...

Read the API docs for the ServerSocket and Socket classes for the details.

kind regards,

Jos
Apr 2 '07 #2

This thread has been closed and replies have been disabled. Please start a new discussion.

Similar topics

by: SOB-like MIDIs | last post by:
The applet for endlessly rising/falling scale (auditory illusion) on this page is fantastic! http://www.cs.ubc.ca/nest/imager/contributions/flinn/Illusions/ST/st.html How is this done?...
by: nemokid | last post by:
hi all, i need to write an application that listen for DTMF tones from standard audio input (from the mic) and execute an action depending on the digit extracted from the DTMF tone. Unfortunaly i...
by: Eyal | last post by:
Hey, I would appriciate if anyone can help on this one: I have a java object/inteface having a method with a boolean parameter. As I'm trying to call this method from a javascript it fails on...
by: DrUg13 | last post by:
In java, this seems so easy. You need a new object Object test = new Object() gives me exactly what I want. could someone please help me understand the different ways to do the same thing in...
by: dlarsson | last post by:
Music CD experts: So, here's my problem. I burned (or tried to burn) my first audio or music CD on my computer using Windows Media Player. I "Rip-ed" the tracks from a source CD and...
by: VB.NET | last post by:
I've seen tons of image galleries in java, but has anyone seen a fancy way of showcasing audio files?
by: aboli | last post by:
How to store audio file in database using .NET & SQLSERVER. i need urgent help
by: shriku | last post by:
i have problem that i can't store audio file in database. i m using .net & sqlserver .i need detail information. please help me about it . it's very urgent. My email id is shri_chiku24@yahoo.co.in u...
by: s0suk3 | last post by:
I've been programming Python for a couple of years now. Now I'm looking to move on to either C++ or Java, but I'm not sure which. Which one do you think will be a better transition for a Python...
by: Hystou | last post by:
Most computers default to English, but sometimes we require a different language, especially when relocating. Forgot to request a specific language before your computer shipped? No problem! You can...
Oralloy
by: Oralloy | last post by:
Hello folks, I am unable to find appropriate documentation on the type promotion of bit-fields when using the generalised comparison operator "<=>". The problem is that using the GNU compilers,...
jinu1996
by: jinu1996 | last post by:
In today's digital age, having a compelling online presence is paramount for businesses aiming to thrive in a competitive landscape. At the heart of this digital strategy lies an intricately woven...
by: Hystou | last post by:
Overview: Windows 11 and 10 have less user interface control over operating system update behaviour than previous versions of Windows. In Windows 11 and 10, there is no way to turn off the Windows...
tracyyun
by: tracyyun | last post by:
Dear forum friends, With the development of smart home technology, a variety of wireless communication protocols have appeared on the market, such as Zigbee, Z-Wave, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, etc. Each...
agi2029
by: agi2029 | last post by:
Let's talk about the concept of autonomous AI software engineers and no-code agents. These AIs are designed to manage the entire lifecycle of a software development project—planning, coding, testing,...
isladogs
by: isladogs | last post by:
The next Access Europe User Group meeting will be on Wednesday 1 May 2024 starting at 18:00 UK time (6PM UTC+1) and finishing by 19:30 (7.30PM). In this session, we are pleased to welcome a new...
by: adsilva | last post by:
A Windows Forms form does not have the event Unload, like VB6. What one acts like?
by: 6302768590 | last post by:
Hai team i want code for transfer the data from one system to another through IP address by using C# our system has to for every 5mins then we have to update the data what the data is updated ...

By using Bytes.com and it's services, you agree to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

To disable or enable advertisements and analytics tracking please visit the manage ads & tracking page.