473,320 Members | 1,695 Online
Bytes | Software Development & Data Engineering Community
Post Job

Home Posts Topics Members FAQ

Join Bytes to post your question to a community of 473,320 software developers and data experts.

SendObject in Microsoft Acess

I have created a macro to send an email in Access but was wondering if there is anyway I can set this up so it runs automatically on a certain day (in the future).
Jul 9 '07 #1
1 1853
Hello,

I run a ton of macro via the Windows Scheduler. I created a batch file that triggers (/x) the macro and set the scheduler to run it whenever I want.

Here is a basic Article from Microsoft
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/230575/

This is an example of the batch file I use: w/ Office 2003, my file name Myissue.mdb and my macro “Import Daily csv”
--------------------------------------------------
C:
CD\Program Files\Microsoft Office 2003\OFFICE11
Start Msaccess.exe C:\MYISSUEDB.mdb /x Import Daily csv

(optional lines, See Below)
PING localhost -n 20 >nul
taskkill /im MSACCESS.exe /f
---------------------------------------------------
The last two lines you probably don’t need. I use those to wait 20 seconds (while the macro runs) and close Access.

I run a bunch of macros this way if I didn’t do that part I would have a bunch of instances of the same file open at a time.

Anyway type the code into notepad save it as a .bat file and use the Windows Scheduler and you should be fine.

--Boxcar
Jul 9 '07 #2

Sign in to post your reply or Sign up for a free account.

Similar topics

by: jmr | last post by:
Hi - I made a macro to send a report as an attachment to an e-mail in Access 97 - I got the macro to work on WinMe with Netscape as long as the To: field was not filled in. - I just...
by: J Bunton | last post by:
DoCmd.SendObject Using windows2000 and OutLook Express v6 I have Access 2000 and Access 97 installed on the same machine. To achieve this and so that Access applications open with the...
by: Fred | last post by:
I want to insert DHL and FedEx tracking links with the waybill numbers in the body of emails I am sending using sendobject. I am not sending attachments. DHL and FedEx use long links that...
by: Tim Marshall | last post by:
In A97, I used sendobject frequently. My default mail application when I was developing in A97 up until July this year was netscape 4.x (yes, i was a dinosaur and I know netscape 4.x was the bug...
by: Andy Kasotia | last post by:
Warning message in Outlook 2003 while using SendObject. When i try to use sendobject to send an email, a warning massage pops up, saying that "Outlook is trying to send an email.......if this is...
by: AJ | last post by:
I have a student registration database, that prints a report to PDF. I am using the sendObject method to create an E-mail and write THAT student's registration to a report for him. I am trying...
by: Penny | last post by:
Hi all, I've read that the message argument in SendObject allows a max of 255 characters. Is this correct? If so, doesn't this render SendObject severely restricted as a way to send emails from...
by: tngster | last post by:
Hi all, I am trying to send an Acess report in the email message body instead of as an attachment. One time, I was able to accomplish that just by using the acFormatHTML as the format. I got a...
by: (PeteCresswell) | last post by:
Another thread got me going on SendObject. Works like a champ for emailing somebody a .SNP of a report as in: DoCmd.SendObject acSendReport, "rptMaturities", "Snapshot Format", "pCresswell", ,...
by: Ken OHanlon | last post by:
I wrote a short program that uses "SendObject". It works fine on my computer, it works fine on my clients computer, but when I copy/paste it up to the server to use it there also, Access issues the...
by: DolphinDB | last post by:
Tired of spending countless mintues downsampling your data? Look no further! In this article, you’ll learn how to efficiently downsample 6.48 billion high-frequency records to 61 million...
by: ryjfgjl | last post by:
ExcelToDatabase: batch import excel into database automatically...
isladogs
by: isladogs | last post by:
The next Access Europe meeting will be on Wednesday 6 Mar 2024 starting at 18:00 UK time (6PM UTC) and finishing at about 19:15 (7.15PM). In this month's session, we are pleased to welcome back...
by: Vimpel783 | last post by:
Hello! Guys, I found this code on the Internet, but I need to modify it a little. It works well, the problem is this: Data is sent from only one cell, in this case B5, but it is necessary that data...
by: jfyes | last post by:
As a hardware engineer, after seeing that CEIWEI recently released a new tool for Modbus RTU Over TCP/UDP filtering and monitoring, I actively went to its official website to take a look. It turned...
by: PapaRatzi | last post by:
Hello, I am teaching myself MS Access forms design and Visual Basic. I've created a table to capture a list of Top 30 singles and forms to capture new entries. The final step is a form (unbound)...
by: af34tf | last post by:
Hi Guys, I have a domain whose name is BytesLimited.com, and I want to sell it. Does anyone know about platforms that allow me to list my domain in auction for free. Thank you
by: Faith0G | last post by:
I am starting a new it consulting business and it's been a while since I setup a new website. Is wordpress still the best web based software for hosting a 5 page website? The webpages will be...
isladogs
by: isladogs | last post by:
The next Access Europe User Group meeting will be on Wednesday 3 Apr 2024 starting at 18:00 UK time (6PM UTC+1) and finishing by 19:30 (7.30PM). In this session, we are pleased to welcome former...

By using Bytes.com and it's services, you agree to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

To disable or enable advertisements and analytics tracking please visit the manage ads & tracking page.